My man turned 40 while on his annual trip to Wyoming, something he plans on purpose so he doesn't have to be at work on his birthday I think (I could say it's so he's away in the peace and quiet but I choose not to accept that J & I could be a part of that non-peace and non-quiet!).
Upon his return, I planned a small surprise party for the following weekend. I am always so sure he knows my surprises but he has told me many times he didn't see this one coming.
We had a Whataburger party for him :~) If you aren't from Texas, you may not understand the value of a Whataburger burger...I am from Texas but it took being married to T for several years before I "got it". Even my dad, a devoted Whataburger fan, couldn't sway me in my early days. Now I see the beauty of it!
A few family and friends gathered, all donning Whataburger gift cards for the birthday boy. We all met up down the road away from the house (using Nana and Pop as our decoys since they just "happened" to come in that day to visit). Everyone, of course, had picked up Whataburger for lunch. One by one, I sent them on to the house. When Bling and her family arrived, he thought it was odd but not too out of place. After Mville and her family showed up he still didn't get it but was wondering why I had told our friends to come eat with us after "running into them" at Whataburger. Once his brother and kids showed up, it dawned on him :-) Mom and Dad were the last to arrive before me.
We had cake, lots of laughs and a great lunch! Such a fun day and a wonderful man of honor.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Trevor!!! Miss seeing you guys!
Thanks for sharing these pics. Hey Trev- you won't feel any different at 50.
Uncle Lowell
Tell him welcome to the club! What-a-super-birthday!
Post a Comment