Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why I've been MIA....

Ok, so I think I've gone longer than ever without posting...but I think most of you will forgive me :-)  Here is my reason...

JR was born last Friday, April 8th at 3:36am, he was 7lbs 5oz, 19 inches and healthy as can be :-)  And might I add STINKIN' ADORABLE????!!!!!! 

You see, 5 days before we left for Disney, while we were in the middle of foster-to-adopt classes, we met with a young mom who was wanting to place her baby for adoption.  This has been on my heart for years, but we knew (1). that we couldn't afford to go through an agency, (2). that private adoptions rarely happen.  T has told me for years that God would place one in our laps basically, when the time was right.  Did I believe him?  Heck no.  That just never happens.  

Well, guess who God has been giggling at lately?  me :-)

After meeting two incredible young girls and after T talked with them about making sure they realize this is a "now" decision and one they didn't need to make lightly, one decided to keep her baby, and we all think that is the right decision for her, the other decided she wanted us to adopt hers.  We met with she and her husband after we returned from Disney and it moved quickly from there.  

We have now had sweet JR in our home for a week and he has already put on several ounces, makes the sweetest noises, already adores being adored by his big brother, now being called JM on the blog since we have two "J's" :-)  And JM is adjusting very well...ok, well the first day he didn't want anything to do with his baby brother because he wasn't expecting it for another week.  But by the second day he was ready to "pet" him and kiss him.  He is going to be one awesome big brother.


So...if I'm not posting a lot, you'll understand (the whole "not getting a lot of sleep" thing and all)...And feel free to tell us how cute he is anytime.  And please, please just keep his birthparents, especially his birthmom in your prayers.  They are a sweet and amazingly courageous couple to have given us such a beautiful gift.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

OH MY GOSH! He is so incredibly precious!!! Your little gift from God is in a very loving home with wonderful parents and a fantastic big brother. Prayers and thanks to the birth parents. I can't wait to meet my new nephew!

Love yall - Tricia

Grateful for Grace said...

He is adorable!! I can nit express how thrilled I am for you all. Praising God!

Grateful for Grace said...

Not


(stupid smartphone ;))

cajungal01 said...

WOW! That is WONDERFUL! CONGRATULATIONS! :0) I am thrilled for y'all! :0)
~robin