Last Weekend was my second year to attend the Texas Homeschool Coalition Conference in The Woodlands. It was just what I needed to boost myself as teacher and mom to give J what he will need this year. From sessions focusing on the Season's of a Mother's Heart to Taming the Techno Beast to How to help the Struggling Learner (math, anyone? ;-) ) It was wonderful. Oh...and we get to shop too...always a good thing, even when it's curriculum!
T and I had planned last fall that he and J would go with me this year. However, once SP joined us in April, we decided it might be better for them to just meet me Sat. night for the Tim Hawkins concert. Granted...this was the first weekend I had left BOTH kids with T, but they survived without me ;-) However...once they saw pictures of the room I was given by the hotel, they wished they had been there! Since T stayed home Fri night, my friend Robin was able to travel with me and enjoy the hotel room for the night. We had such a great time visiting and staying up chatting Fri night. We both have homeschooled for just one year so we soaked up all we could!
| T said "Country comes to town" because Robin and I were sending pictures of this amazing room! The Hospitality room, but for convention room cost :-) |
| Like something out of a movie, right?! |
And what weekend away for me would it be without getting together with some friends in the process. As T says "Yet ANOTHER Girl's Weekend" ;-) Three of my friends from our days as camp counselors were at the conference also. It was wonderful catching up and also gleaning wisdom from these homeschool veterans.
And did I mention Tim Hawkins? If you have never heard of this comedian, you MUST you tube him. He is hilarious! T and J have now seen him twice. You leave laughing...for hours. We laughed till our faces hurt. It was a fantastic family night out :-)
Now bring on August 8th...our first day of the new school year!!! We are ready.
READY FOR A GIVEAWAY??? Visit Grateful for Grace's Blog!! She is giving away a copy of an incredible book that every homeschool mom should read. Or any mom for that matter (just scratch out the homeschool word occasionally!). I bought it at the convention and read it in 2 days. It's wonderful, funny and encouraging. Even if you don't homeschool, win it for a friend who does, she needs it, trust me. And if you have a homeschool friend who thinks she needs no help...she needs it, trust me ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment