Thursday, August 2, 2012

In just a few hours, I'll be in the car, headed to what I now lovingly refer to as my "weekend of refreshment". My friend Robin and I will be on our way to Houston to the Texas Homeschool Coalition Southwest Convention and to a hotel for 2 nights. I. can. hardly. wait!!!! 
J & I are starting our fall semester this coming Monday, yep, you read that correctly. Aug. 6th is our first day of school. Our summer of math and TX history went wonderfully (anyone know who Ellis P. Bean is?  we do), now we are ready to tackle World History part 1. Well,almost...I need a bit of mom time and little bit of recharge to my schooling battery and couple of nights in a hotel

I not only get two full days of incredible sessions, speakers and loads of curriculum fun to browse, I also get two full days with some incredible friends. Mindy, Brooke, Jan, Jen and my cousin Laura will all be there with Robin and myself. I am feeling more relaxed as I type. Well, until SP wakes up from his nap at least ;-) Have I mentioned 2 nights in a hotel?

This convention is not just a pick-me-up, however. It's one of the most informational and confirming things I can attend as a homeschool parent.  There are so many times when we all doubt what we do as parents, whether it's schooling, sports, discipline, etc... this is a place where I hear from others more seasoned than myself and learn either what I need to do better or what I am hitting spot on. As spot-on as parenting can be...which is 50/50 most days.  


So I am grateful to my hubby who will be watching my boys while I enjoy this weekend and those 2 hotel nights.  Thank you honey!!!  And let's just forget for now that I'm also getting to go scrapbook next weekend, ok?


And for those of you who are here just to see cute pics of my kids...here's a freebie for ya ;-)
This rocking horse was built by some dear friends of ours when J tunred 1 :-)  Now SP rides it. He loves it!

 Photobucket

No comments: