Monday, January 13, 2014

Scarves4Sisters...my new 3Day fundraiser

A few months ago, I participated in my 6th 3Day for the Cure (a crewing year)...and I signed up for my 7th (will be a walking year). This event, yes, I know you hear about it a lot, but it is a passion of mine still. 

Over the last year, another high school friend/classmate of ours was diagnosed with breast cancer, she is the 4th in the last few years just out of our class of 1989 from Pine Tree High.  Stephanie has been a fighter to the highest degree and is finally done with her chemo and radiation, she is amazing.  She joins the ranks of survivors on our shirts and in my heart.
I had an idea for a continual fundraiser for our team, Team Priceless...because breast cancer is a continual monster and killer.  I can't stop helping in the small way I am able and I haven't felt God call me to quit yet.  When I do feel that, you will stop seeing posts about it ;-) 

So...last fall...Scarves4Sisters was born.  My mom has been knitting blankets for people going through cancer since my Dad's fight over 5 years ago.  She taught me to knit years ago.  Seeing as how I don't have the patience to complete an entire blanket (how do I know that?  Well...I started one in 1992...wanna know where it is? in a box, still not finished), scarves became the item I wanted to try.
https://www.facebook.com/scarves4sisters
For every scarf ordered, I am donating one also to our local American Cancer Society for any client who needs one (not just breast cancer).  Their clients receive hats a lot of the time, but are always asking for scarves so we are ready to provide (I have several friends who are helping with the donations because this is something close to their hearts as well).

Please visit and LIKE Scarves4Sisters on Facebook.  Please consider donating and/or ordering a scarf or two or three...they make excellent gifts.  Lighter weight spring scarves are now being knitted (think organza!).  

The more the page gets around, the more orders I get, the more money we raise for Team Priceless and the 3Day walk 2014, the more donations our local ACS gets. 

You see, it's not just about the funds we raise...
Team Priceless 2013...small but powerful!

 It's not just about the event...
Closing 2013

It's definitely not just about the blisters...
My main reason for walking...my grandmother, Dora Sutton

It's about people...
Route Safety Crew team 2013

People who deserve as long of a lifetime as God will allow them.  
Steph and her daughter's blanket mom made as support :-)

This fighter walked the last few steps of Day 3 but her teammates pushed her the other 59 miles...that's beautiful.
People who care enough to get out there and do something... 
60 miles...we can do that.
People who don't care how they look or what they do if it gives others joy even for one day...
Every year...this man rocks.

 
Ok, hers are just little bigger
People who care enough to donate to help us get out there and love in person...



 Photobucket

No comments: