Wow...well it's be a minute since I've blogged...ok, 5 years whatever. I've been thinking about getting back on here for awhile, but sitting down to write just hasn't happened. This post may be written over a few days, so if it appears choppy that will be the reason. Because I'm swamped? no. I'm a trophy wife, don't ya know?! lol, ok, no it's just because of kids, house, hubby, books to read, bible study and projects I want to do, oh and kids.
So let me catch us all up. We now have a 2nd grader, a 6th grader and a Junior in college. Yep! All three boys are doing great, actually, and surprisingly I didn't mess up the oldest by homeschooling him! That was a shock to many of us ;-) Thanks to Texas Workforce he is in a dorm at his official 4 year college (he received his Associates last spring from community college) and he LOVES it. The 7 yr old and 11 yr old are at the same school this year and it's been a game changer for the 7 yr old. He is thriving there. He plays soccer in the spring and fall for the 3rd year and loves soccer camps in the summer. The 11 yr old has thrived there since day 1 years ago, he loves his school and we love it too. He is taking guitar for his 3rd year and still working on his black belt in TaeKwonDo.
The hubs has a new job and is really enjoying it. He has actually been able to read a book and spend a bit more time in his mancave and with the boys. He has to travel a bit more but it's much more scheduled and less stressful. He is all about big trucks currently, oh and his mancave of course.
I, as I said, am a stay at home trophy wife. And since we've been in our new to us old farmhouse, I truly have stayed home more. I love this place, I love the town, it's a slower pace of life which is just my style. My Horned Frogs are doing pretty good this year, so that's been fun. But one of my closest Frog friends passed away over a month ago now, that has been really hard. I'm doing digital design work online as a small side gig and it's super fun!
In fact, since I last posted, we've lost Trev's dad, his stepdad, his grandmother, his Uncle Bob, one of his aunts, our beautiful high school friend Lara, my friend Seamus, several church friends (both covid and non-covid related), my gorgeous cousin Cindy this year and others. It's not been an easy few years, but God is still on his throne and we hold on tight to that fact.
So back to the new old farmhouse...we still don't have trim or kitchen countertops but other than that, it's perfect...for us. It's eclectic, it creaks and groans a bit, the kids sound like elephants on the pier and beam floors, even the Chihuahua sounds like a baby elephant sometimes ;-) But man do we love it. As we are in a bit of a drought currently, our pond is almost dry, but there is rain in the forecast this week so maybe that will bring it up a bit.
I'm no longer doing anything for Susan G. Komen, walks or money raising, I just couldn't in good conscious, continue supporting them as they waffled so easily back and forth between who they supported and who they didn't. I am also currently stopping any MLM business (ie Young Living is the last one I think) I am still on the list with, more on that in another post. I've just finally seen the light, I guess you could say, and it was almost overnight. Man, are they all the same or what? Not the products, unfortunately some of them have great products but they are so over priced and the business building is simply wrong. Again, more on that later. It's all in my head I just need time to write it out.
Who we are supporting...missionaries from Russia, missionaries in our area, St. Jude's, Cerebral Palsy Research Alliance, Operation Christmas Child, mission trips from our church and other venues that are less misleading and more worthwhile for our dollars.
So it's been a roller coaster of a few years, as I'm sure it has been for you. Covid, vaccine debates, politics oy vey don't even go there, kids growing up :-( , animals coming and going, jobs changing, lives changing, friends and family leaving us for heaven...but it's also been absolutely wonderful because we keep lifting our eyes.


1 comment:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Post a Comment