Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1st Day of Day Camp!!

As most of you know (from our real life or from posts last summer), J spends 3 days every summer at the camp which I spent 6 summers of my life from 1990-1995. This place changed my life, helped me choose my graduate work and of course, was my initial "training" for raising a child with a disability. God is funny that way, huh?

I love, love, love that I get to share this huge part of my past with my son. T even worked there in 1995, I wanted him to see what had been so important to me for so many years. Again...that creative God, preparing us both for a child with disabilities!

I also love that when I take J down to camp each summer, I get to hang out with my "old" (NOT meaning in age...camp counselors don't ever get old!) camp friends who live in that area (and some who now work at camp) while he's busy during the days :) We also get to spend time with my wonderful brother, sister-in-law, nieces (and now my new nephew!) who are blessed to live in town there.

Ok, ok...on with the pictures...I know you're tired of my yappin'! ;-)



Dropping J off for his first day :)

"Catch, Kiss, Release" is the motto. J caught 3 fish and therefore...kissed 3 fish...yuck!

Goofy boy, course now he wants us to build a pool with an underwater ramp...wouldn't that be nice?

One of his usual summer camp self-photos


After picking J up from camp, we invited Uncle P and his family and Batgirl and her family to join us at the hotel for pizza and swimming. My friend Janette, whose son also attends camp every summer, joined us with her girls too :)


My sweet baby nephew :)



No comments: