Saturday, October 22, 2011

I must be dreaming...

No kids?  For 2 whole days?  And a TCU game? I must be dreaming...

Yea, yea, you all love hearing about this, don't ya? ;-)  Well, as you know, my blood is purple, has been since the day back in 1990 when my Dad took me to the TCU campus months before I thought I was heading to a totally different college and I fell in love.  And of course you know how incredible my hubby is because he sent me not only to the Fiesta Bowl in 2010 and a game at Cowboys Stadium last fall, but also to the Rose Bowl this past January to support my Frogs.  

Well, my friends Seamus and Carolyn called a few months ago with news they found really cheap flights to DFW and would we like to meet for a home game?   


This is the front of the stadium, which is where the student and visitor sections are.  This will be torn down later this year and renovations will start here too!
Heck yea!  None of us had been to Amon G. Carter stadium in several years and it's being renovated so we were excited to see the progress.  T hasn't been to a game with us in years and even more important...T & I haven't had a weekend without kids in...well, we can't even remember.
Do you see those no-kid smiles?  ;-)

So a few weeks ago, we dropped the boys off with my parents (with lots of instructions, of course!) and we headed to Fort Worth.  We had a wonderful time!  We love spending time with Seamus and Carolyn :-)
We are some proud friends...we spent some time in the Pub looking over our old pictures (yes, my mother is OH so proud that I'm on the wall a few times from my college days)

A wonderful dinner at Joe T's!

The new south end of the stadium, now 2 levels and a huge new scoreboard with...trust us...REALLY loud speakers!

The new "alumni" side as we always call it.  They tore it down and rebuilt the levels...not quite finished but looking good!

We still have to work on T's "Frog" sign, curve those fingers boy!

This was a special treat for me!!  My friend Larry, whom I met my first year at TCU. We worked at the Rickel building together, then he worked at Lions Camp with me for several years.  We haven't visited in so long, it was great to spend time with him and meet his oldest daughter Maddie :-)

Oh, and Seamus, Carolyn and I decided T is only allowed at away games from now on since we lost this one :-(  He must have been the jinx!  I'm ready for another adult weekend already!!

No comments: