Friday, February 3, 2012

The incredible world of Pinterest...

Have you found it yet?  Have you been sucked in?  Do you think I'm speaking a foreign language as you've never heard of this magical place?


Well, jump right on it, the water is wonderful!  Pinterest is a very fun website...it's a place to find new recipes, new craft ideas, fashion, home ideas, organizing ideas, school ideas, etc...etc...etc... Once you are "invited" by someone who is already a member, you just start "pinning" things you like.  You can even pin quotes, pictures, products you covet...I mean would sort of like to own.  It's just crazy...but a fantastic kind of crazy :-)  It's like an online filing system for all of the things you enjoy and want to try.


I have used several of the craft ideas and recipes so far (remember these cookies?  Pinterest!) and wanted to share two of the recipes with you today.  I made these porkchops last night and they were A.MA.ZING.  


Simple Crock Pot Chops
4 thick cut chops (bone or boneless)  - I used 6 thin cut boneless b/c it's what I had on hand
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine 
4 cloves garlic, minced
black pepper


Place pork chops in crock pot.  Mix all other ingredients...DO NOT add any salt, these are salty on their own w/the dressing mix and soup.  Pour/spread over chops and cook on low for 6-7 hours.  I served mine over brown rice along with some ranch beans and corn.  YUM!!!


These I made for a ladies Christmas event for church...mainly because again, I had the ingredients on hand and they were quick!  Plus who doesn't like a smore???


Smores on the Go
large marshmallows
5 Hershey's chocolate bars
graham crackers

Really you just decide how many you want to make, take out that many large marshmallows.  Melt the chocolate bars in a double broiler.  While chocolate is melting, crush a package of graham crackers to crumbs (just one package out of a box) and spread on a plate.  When chocolate has melted, dip a marshmallow into the chocolate then roll in graham cracker crumbs (I used a skewer to help me with this and also ended up using a spoon to put more chocolate around the marshmallow).  Set on a plate to cool and voila!  Smores to go!  Also great eaten warm right after dipping ;-)

No comments: