Monday, October 29, 2012

Tyler Rose Gardens

Our co-op has had some great field trips so far this year.  Two weeks ago, we all headed to Tyler for a visit to the Tyler Rose Gardens, a picnic lunch and then an hour at the Pottery Cafe.  
I haven't been to the rose gardens since I was a little girl, my dad used to grow roses...now he is all about butterfly and native Texas plants.  It is so much more beautiful than I remember...
The gardens were wonderful.  We had a fantastic time and it was a beautiful fall day (which for Texas means a bit cooler than 85). 
I found many beautiful Horned Frog purple roses I need ;-)
After enjoying the gardens and a quick picnic lunch, we went to the Pottery Cafe for a little painting.  SP was pretty tired by this time but I was able to get him to paint a mug and put his little handprint on (as they were painting one hand, he kept looking at the other one as if he was wondering if he would be completely covered at some point.  He actually wasn't thrilled with this part of things). 

J worked on a new tile.  he has made a few of these over the years at a pottery place in Longview so he wanted to continue his "collection".  His painting has definitely improved!  He stayed in the lines, which for a kid with cerebral palsy and a paintbrush isn't the easiest thing to master!  
We had a wonderful day with our friends as always.  We are so blessed with our co-op and the families involved :-)
 Photobucket

No comments: