Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom

My mom and I have had our seasons...I am not sure how she kept herself from strangling me during some of them but thankfully she held off ;-) In fact, the longer I am a mom myself, I truly wonder how she did it! 
I love her more than I ever tell her, seems I do that with all of those I'm especially close to.  When I think of those who no longer have their moms here on earth or those whose moms aren't mentally here any longer due to Alzheimer's or other diseases, I realize how little time we really have to say the important things.  To spend an hour talking instead of shopping.  To just sit in each other's company rather than always going somewhere. 


My last visit to my parents was lazier than usual visit...we stayed at the house more, we talked more, we just chilled (as much as you can chill with a 2 year old in tow) and it made me realize how those are the moments we will remember.  Just as whenever we visit Trev's parents, we just sit around the table and chat.  Laughter, sarcasm, tears all shared.  Times my kids will hopefully recall with joy as they remember how close we are to all of their grandparents and how much love surrounds our family.

I hope your Mother's Day, a holiday invented by a card company perhaps, but a wonderful reminder nonetheless, has been blessed.  We consider it more "Ladies Day" in our church because all of us, regardless of having our own children or not, make an impact on those young ones around us or have been loved by our own moms.  Maybe you were able to sneak off on your own, maybe you had a nap, maybe you spent the day remembering your own mother or honoring those in  your family who are currently mothers, maybe you received love from the next door kids.  Whichever it is, I pray you felt blessed.

 Photobucket

No comments: