The summer that J finally fell in love with camp :-) It only took 9 years (well, 7 years at Lions Day camp and 2 overnight camps)....but he finally finally loved it!
This year, I didn't stay around the area as usual, so it was actually a growing season for all of us. But we all survived.
| romeo ;-) |
Thankfully the camp posted pics of the week because while J was having so much fun, he forgot to take pics of all of the excitement. Such a teenager. This was the summer he was able to start choosing a block class. This is an opportunity for older campers to choose one class they prefer over others and spend more time in that activity. J chose photography :-) Something he is learning to truly enjoy through 4H at home too.
On our way back down Friday for Awards Night, we stopped in Stonewall for peaches, which I might add...made THE BEST jam. And they weren't so bad for just eating either...
J received three awards this summer...Bravest Camper in his wing, a Ropes Award AND Wing Participation again this summer! We were so proud of him. Not only did he survive the week, enjoy the week to it's fullest, but he also did the Zip line for his 3rd time. And would you like to know what he told T about the Zip? He said it scared him again and he almost didn't do it, but he finally decided that he wanted to show other kids that they can do things like that, things they are scared of. Seriously. If that isn't the Lions Camp spirit, I don't know what is. My heart is overjoyed :-)
| T and I were watching the counselors and asking ourselves...Did we REALLY have that much energy when we were working at Lions Camp back in the day? lol! They are awesome! |
| My friend Karen-Anne...who kept me posted on my boy all week :-) |
| SP loved the awards ceremony! |
Finding his deoderant COMPLETELY unopened? I would love to say priceless...but, well...I just can't believe people hugged my incredibly stinky kid all week!





2 comments:
So wonderful!
<3 Tara
Beautiful!
Post a Comment