Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a beautiful day! And Project 365's for a few weeks....

Man! School is finally out and we are so glad!! This has been a very busy week and I'm so thankful to be able to sit for a few hours in the shade of our beautiful yard and catch up on blogging while J & his neighbor friend swim. Grandma bought us a great pool, one of those you add a filter to, but not too big and J is loving it (T wasn't at first b/c it means more work, but now that he's watched J swim in it, he's very glad she bought it!). We filled it just deep enough that he is comfortable in it w/out me having to be in everytime but he can also actually swim in it, which is a great sight :) He has always enjoyed playing in the water but every year he feels like he "loses" his swimming powers until he gets in a bigger pool a few times. Well, thanks to Grandma, his "powers" returned much more quickly this year! And boy, does he sleep better at night after even just an hour in the pool. I'm rather enjoying it also...although I'm opting out today, but lying on a raft in our own quiet little backyard is very nice. We fenced off the section by J's room, where the pretty shade trees are, and now we can enjoy it dog-free...now I just need to get a hammock!!



And to update you on J's upcoming surgery...we visited Dr. Brock on Thursday (after watching Night at the Museum 2 on IMAX at the Natural Science Museum...it was very funny!). He has decided we only need to do one hamstring on J's left leg rather than both hamstrings on both legs! (I think the swimming is definitely helping w/this). His right leg was stretching out really well so we don't want to mess with a good thing. Surgery will be on June 8th and he'll only have one cast now for 3 weeks. Much better!



Dad is doing very well, still has the catheter but he's travelling and getting back to himself more and more everyday. We spent Memorial Day weekend with T's family for his step-dad's 70th birthday. It was a perfect weekend, weather was nice, family all around that we don't get to see often, incredible amounts of great food, the kids played well and Pop was surrounded by all his kids. They gave him a wonderful photo album and made him a short video of pics set to music, it was so fun to see how everyone has changed over the years. J is still amazed that Nana had more hair when she was younger, it was cracking us all up! He loved seeing pics of his dad as a kid, of course.



Ok...on to some project 365 layouts...I'm actually almost caught up. Now I've got to start working on "regular" layouts, I haven't even done J's birthday yet from December I don't think!
Apparently I missed weeks 12, 13 & 14 so those are first, then weeks 16, 17, 18,& 19...I know, a lot to view, but I didn't journal any extra, hopefully can see them ok. I'm having trouble loading them the usual way, keeps telling me "error" so I'm cutting and pasting best I can...and a few of them appear distorted b/c I had to resize them, I'm not sure why i can't just upload as usual...anyone have any ideas?





Now for weeks 16, 17, 18 & 19...

Maybe later today...of course, I'm being optomistic here...I'll get back on and post a recipe since it's been quite awhile!

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

I'm so glad to hear about J's surgery and your dad's health. Praise God!

I can't wait to see you. Surely, I will *this* time, right?? ;-)

I'm very impressed with your scrapbooking, friend. Nice job!

love,
GfG

Christi said...

That's great news about J's surgery! We will be praying for ya'll. Keep us updated.