Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Wrap-Up!

Thought I'd try a new monthly tradition...ok, so I will probably only remember to do it this month, but we'll see! Wrappin' up the month with a few pictures of some fun events around our home.
J won the conduct award for his class this last 9 weeks :)

Right after the awards, we headed to Aunt Paige for a haircut. I actually liked the longer hair but J was ready for a trim...this is his hair "waving goodbye to mom". Yea, really. He actually did that. And he thought he was hilarious. As did the rest of the salon, he's got 'em wrapped around his little finger, I tell ya.


The Rat Maze (see that cute little brown nose stickin out? that's Norman). Ok, well this was the first time it was up and while they both found the "prize" of strawberry yogurt, only one of the 2 rats made it to the end more than once. They ended up hiding in the 2nd box of the maze. These rats LOVE strawberry yogurt. And when I say love, I mean...the minute you walk into the room, now, Malcolm (the white one) will climb the wall of the cage to try and get close to you, thinking you are bringing some yogurt!

J helped w/the maze...sort of....

Norman licking the yogurt off of the poor Lincoln Log cowboy.

This was the 2nd maze attempt and this time, both rats not only made it to the prize, they both made much faster trips of it, that was a good sign. Malcolm, the white rat above, has calmed down much easier than Norman, but they are both doing well. They really are cute and a lot of fun to feed. J & I love it when they tinkle and poo on T...(insert evil laughter here!)

1 comment:

The Reader said...

egads -- pet rats?? You are brave!!

I broke my "no rodents" rule for a guinea pig, but a rat....just, umm, NO.

Does look like your boys are having fun with them though : )