SP and I had a bit of fun ourselves :-)
I have to admit, I felt a bit out of sorts for the first summer in 7 years. For one...J wasn't back with us each night like he was during day camp. Two...my encouraging and calming friend GFG wasn't there this year, and is a whole state away :-( . Three...my kindred friend Batgirl wasn't there either this year. Even my sweet niece KK wondered where Batgirl and her daughters were when we spent an afternoon at the river (sad when even they think if Aunt H is in town, Batgirl should be too!).
Of course, somehow we filled our days ;-) However, I will make this into 2 posts because I have several pictures!
Monday we started off actually back at camp to enjoy Trout Fishing in America in concert. We used to listen to them back when I worked at camp...years and years ago according to my son. They are still hilarious, fun and they sound great! If you aren't familiar with this band, please check them out, they are for the young and old (which again is the category I am in now apparently?). And see that beautiful girl signing on the left? That's my lovely friend Sarah :-) She let SP and I stay at her house for a few nights.
Then we headed out to Fredricksburg with my sweet nieces to visit the Wildflower Farm.
And came back to play with cousin Mase, who is so stinkin' cute!
Ah...then on Tuesday, we headed to finally meet baby Eden. Oh my goodness. I have never held such a soft, squishy, sweet baby girl. I could have just rubbed those soft cheeks all day! And SP was a bit besotted himself ;-)
Then we met up with Amber, one of my very first friends at Lions Camp back in 1990.
She took us to PF Changs (where SP enjoyed some lemons as you can see above) along with Amy, another camp friend who is also an amazing breast cancer survivor!
Amber continued to spoil SP by giving him rides on the luggage rack ;-) I always enjoy the time I get to chill with her.
Now, stay tuned...part 2 will be posted in a couple of days!


No comments:
Post a Comment