And I thought walking 60 miles in 3 days (well, almost 60, ha!) was hard...but alas...corralling 20 3rd graders is actually more exhausting!
Yes, I finally succumbed and subbed for J's teacher today (she's too sweet to say no to!).
Truthfully, it was not nearly as terrifying as I imagined. I have only previously subbed in the library and really thought to stay in that area (loved it!). I wasn't sure I was ready to be in the classroom (yes...I have a teaching degree, no...I don't want to use it in real life, ha! Sorry Dad and T!).
J was a bit concerned when he first found out. Since he began 3rd grade, he's had his rule about me not going past the front doors of the school, he has become so independent. Yes, that is awesome and it cracks me up, honestly. However...he finally told me yesterday that it's not embarrassing if I sub in the 3rd grade but in high school, it will totally embarrass him (so I have a few years of reprieve! good to know :) )
I think he enjoyed it more than he let on. He said I didn't embarrass him, that I was a bit "tough" on a couple of the kids (the same ones who hear it from J's teacher everyday so I was no different) but no one complained about me. whew!
And hey...by lunch, I had 3 more sub opportunities to ponder :) It's not something I will do weekly, but it's nice being up at J's school getting to know the staff since it's our first year on this campus.
Well...guess it's time to go...T is showing me what he wants for Christmas and my attention is not where he would like it to be :)
2 comments:
So did youhave a good day? or just exhausting?
I know what you mean about not seeing each other anymore. I didn't know about your blog until you sent out the email about the walk. To be honest, I just recently came out of the blog closet. I wasn't sure that I wanted people that I know in real life reading what I wrote. Know what I mean?
Way to go! Did it remind you of camp at all? I know you were great and that the kids adored you.
Post a Comment