Wow, it's been a few weeks...where do I begin? Let's start with Halloween, then I'll do a new post on this past weekend.
Halloween was a blast around here! It starts around January each year with J figuring out what costume he wants to wear...then it takes me the rest of the year to find it, make it or order it b/c as most of you know, my boy does not go w/the usual! He is retro-boy and I love it. Makes it more fun b/c of the challenge he gives me, ha!
Previous costumes have included Bob the Builder (before they made them), Snoopy (obviously many years AFTER they made this one), Green Goblin (no, not the more recent one found readily available in stores, but the one from Spiderman 1), Tom (from Tom & Jerry...again, WAY past when this was out as a costume!), etc...you get the picture. E-bay and I are really close friends when it comes to Halloween and birthdays around here (b/c the retro theme carries over to b-days as well)!
Staying with his ways, this year's costume was The Mask, the Jim Carrey movie character. And of course, he wanted the whole thing...suit, mask, hat and feather (couldn't do the shoes, thankfully I had the excuse of him having to wear his braces so he had to wear tennis shoes...I know, I'm a bad mom!). Well, the mask I found on e-bay (they are few and far between!) and thanks to the first person who won it bowing out...I was able to buy it for a mere $15...it's an adult sized which actually made it even funnier on his little head :) Grandma helped us pick out the suit and tie fabric and I sewed...yes, I SEWED...the suit a few weeks ago. I am not the seamstress my mom is, but for Halloween, I can fake it really well :). The day before Halloween I found the perfect hat for $1.50, but of course had to buy yellow spray paint for $8 so now we have to figure out a Cub Scout project to use that with so I can justify spending that much on spray paint, ha! And last but not least...wonder of wonders, I found a "feather"...or what resembled one...for free while walking w/my pals on the nature trail in town Halloween morning :) Here is the final result....
SMOKIN' !!
If it hadn't been for the actual mask, he'd look like a...well, you know...a "man" about town w/lots of girls "working"...w/that hat & feather!

The week before Halloween we spent an AWESOME weekend w/Batgirl and her family and took some pics of the kids in their costumes. We love hanging out w/these guys, they make us happy:)
Lil Pumpkin, Alice, the Mask & Ariel, what cuties!!
Back to the 31st...after school, my friend Bling & I decided to take the kids downtown to trick or treat b/c we had never tried it. It actually turned out to be pretty cool b/c we were able to see a lot of fun costumes and cute kids all over the place. People stopped us several times wanting photos of The Mask It was funny to see the over 20 crowd looking at J and enjoying his retro-costume, amazingly, several kids knew who he was too. He's always an original, that's for sure! Bling's kids were a ghost and an iPod, how fun was that :) !!
Of course, the kids were just concerned about what kind of candy they were receiving...I do remember those days :)
More pics from Batgirl's house:


This is the crew...playin' w/the new puppy, Concho!


don't you just love the make-up artist in bloom here?

The soccer star :)
No comments:
Post a Comment