Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Antiprocrastination Day! and update :)

It's Wednesday...and that means, it's Anti-Procrastination Day!!

What's on the agenda for you today? For me, it's cleaning out the fridge (done!)...throwing out any old food, things that just don't look right anymore and items that have expired (yep, dressings & pickles expire, can you believe that?...LOL!). I am also going to scrapbook J's birthday from December...yep, really, I am! I might throw in another cleaning somewhere around there, who knows what today holds! Ok...that last one probably won't happen, but one can dream :) This week on Fly Lady we are working in the kitchen area...visit http://www.flylady.com/ to start baby stepping your way to a clutter free and clean home (yes...it's a slow process, but it's meant to be that way so we don't get overwhelmed and quit like I always tend to do!)

J has made it through surgery like the champ he is! Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts, we completely felt the peace on Monday. T & I did much better w/our anxiety than usual and J, once he had a little loopy medicine, was ready for "Brock", as he now calls Dr. Brock, to take him back. We arrived home around 1pm on Monday and he slept most of the day. Today, he is now off of the couch and in his room for the first time, playing his PS2. I fixed him up in his video chair with his legs propped up on 2 pillows...I think he's set for the rest of the afternoon :)




He will only have to wear his cast for 2 weeks and Dr. Brock really had to cut more scar tissue from previous surgery than muscle once he got in there and could see what everything looked like. The cast only goes to his ankle so his foot is free, that's new for us (and wow, will it keep the foot from stinkin' so much, ha!). Here is a pic from yesterday...Day 2, he was surrounded by 31 Spiderman comic books (a surprise gift found by T on ebay and it arrived while we were in Houston Monday, perfect timing that man!)

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I"m so glad it went well!!

Comics and video games... does it get much better? I would guess Chuck would say your son needs a Ding Dong and an RC Cola. ;-)

When do you get here?