It's another Anti-Procrastination Day!!
What have you been putting off that needs to be accomplished? While de-cluttering my upstairs room last week, I found a bag of tulle (spell?) that still had the makings for 2 tutu's (now that's fun to say outloud) which I have been putting off since December. So...today, the bag is empty and 2 tutu's are completed (heading your way, AG ...and just fyi, they are for the girls...)
I learned this fun craft from my friend Lor (sis of DD ...Dalton's Dream) over the 08 holidays. While she and Heidi made one, I had the chance to hold sweet baby Dalton, a much better deal if you ask me! But I did learn and they are fun. Nothing but staples and tying knots...no sewing required. Now on to J news...the CAST IS OFF!! Our old pal Richard (well, ok, we remember him better than he remembers us b/c he's taken off all of J's casts over the years but he's also taken off bazillions of other kids casts over the years, ha!) went to work with the "saw" and off it came. And sadly, I didn't get a picture of it, but when they got the cast off, Dr. Brock found a small button inside (I do have the button)! We assume it fell off of J's shorts (the extra button they sew in) but he could have also been bored one day, a cast is a very tempting place to stick things!
J's leg had a few spasms during the day, which is normal, but is much better today (photo below)
After the cast came off, we headed to the Galleria, mainly to enjoy a late lunch/early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. This was actually J's idea, although T tried to put the blame on me (he knows me well!). J remembered the giant piece of chocolate cake he had there once with Grandma and that's all he could think about. We had a wonderful lunch/dinner and walked it off for quite awhile in the mall.
One main stop was Dylan's Candy Bar...if haven't been in one of these, they are fun. Full of candy, obviously...but candy we grew up with, not just the new stuff (although there is plenty of that also). J was on a mission for a Wonka bar and T got caught up in the Bit o Honey's (I used to love those!). We followed this all up with a trip over to Barnes & Noble, we're suckers for book stores. (Batgirl..I picked up 2 classics I don't think you've read and I found the Becoming Jane Austen book the movie was based on on sale...have you read it?)
And back to today...my boy's got his mojo back...atleast that's what he's told me! I, being the mean mom I am, made him try his walker to get from the computer to the bathroom for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. He was a bit nervous, but once he took a few steps, he said "oh, yea! My mojo is back!". Yes, he is his father's son. If they aren't comparing "sexy-ness", they are discussing their "mojo". Aren't you jealous that I get to have all the fun with these 2?.....uh-huh.........
And just in case you are interested (if you are in any way squeamish at seeing cuts/bandages, etc...don't look at the next pic), this is what J's leg looks like after the cast is off. The angle of the photo is wierd cuz I took it while he was in the walker (appears as though he has no shorts on, but he does). This just shows you where the cut was...goes lengthwise from the top piece of tape to right above the pink spot you see under the tape. The pink spot below the tape was a blood blister that healed while in the cast.
Hope you all have a great week...a great Anti-Procrastination day and if you signed up for the Summer Siesta's bible study, let me know. I watched the video today and plan on doing my first day's lesson tonight, I was so excited to get home yesterday to officially sign in! (LPM blog).




2 comments:
Looks great!!
I was sorta wondering why you had tule in the first place? ;-)
lova ya!
Congrats J on being cast-free!
As for books stores, they are are one of my favorite-est places in the whole world. I could spend days in one.
Post a Comment