Friday, June 12, 2009

What a life it must be!

Just a quick post today...wanted to share some pics of J and his "difficult" life in a cast (meant to sound very sarcastic...like most of you didn't hear my voice in that comment, ha!). Don't get me wrong, I hate that J has to go through these surgeries, but let me tell you, it's not all thorns in his rose garden!


Not only does he own the couch for 2
SOLID weeks (that includes the TV...Lord,
save me from bashing it in when I'm
watching my 94th hour of consecutive
cartoons...)...........
(Hey Hood family...anyone brave enough to
send me that pic of Uncle Tanr?...check out
the 1/2 shirt on this one...HA!! Even J thought this was funny)









He is carried to his room, as only a prince can be,
(ok, when it's mom, he is lightly "walked" to his room cuz I just can't do the carrying anymore!) to play his PS2 propped up by pillows..............













And he is given a rag (or "sponge") bath and has his
hair washed by his adoring mother...and then has the
sweetest voice when he asks her "Can't we just bathe
this way all the time?" Um...no..................






And while I don't have a pic of it, because it would just be wrong...he even has a special "bottle" for using the bathroom. Yep, a bottle, thanks to a gift from Uncle Tanr to T to be used on hunting trips, well, it's being broken in this week by the man of the hour...and cleaned by that same adoring mom....



I love my son, you all know that, he is truly an amazing boy. He takes things in such stride and with such a sweet spirit. My heart breaks for him on a weekly basis sometimes because I know he has a hard time with things other kids don't necessarily even have to think twice about...but this week? Nah, no heart breaking going on, just back breaking...ha!! If he wasn't just so darn sweet about it all, he knows how to work us :)




Grandma, Grandaddy and Aunt Sharon came to visit us today. Here's a now typical pic of Grandad and J....don't ya love it?















And just because I gotta show you this...
these are my Dad's shoes...cut on purpose
so his feet won't hurt so badly. And he wears
them EVERYWHERE (no place of business or
worship is excluded). It's not as bad as the
catheter hanging out of his pants, which
Mom won't let him do anymore, LOL :)
Even funnier is I didn't even notice them
until T pointed it out to me a month ago. I
probably would never have noticed. That's
just one of the thousands of reasons I am eternally grateful T is married to me, someone's gotta point out the obvious sometimes!


Well, that's been life the last few days. Always a giggle here or there! And as a last message, just wanted to let you know (if you haven't been to their blog already), that Beth Moore and her crew are going to "lead" a 6 week bible study via online starting on June 23rd. You can order your book online or purchase it at a Lifeway store close to you. You will do the workbook on your own and you can gather with friends locally to discuss the work or just meet with Beth every 2 weeks to view a short video of them discussing it very casually...not the usual set up if you are used to her studies. (I think i have the gist of this down right?...I've not tried this method before!). Anyway, here is the study if you think this sounds interesting:





Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild
and the book was $11.95.

Visit their blog for all the details (b/c I probably got some of it wrong, I just know I'm doin' it!)

Let me know if you sign up because we can form an online "chat" group!



1 comment:

Tricia said...

I would be happy to send you that pic of Tanner if you promise he won't get mad. Maybe we could say you got it from Nana! I had seen that blog about the Beth Moore bible study and thought about forwarding it to Taryn. I'll let you know if she does it. Love yall.