Sunday, June 14, 2009

Streamlinin' the Word!

Ok...I've been postponing telling you about this awesome thing b/c of my earthly fears and insecurities (or rather..."fleshly", not really a word, but it's my blog, as my friend GFG says, I can make up any word I want). I was reminded today, however, after such an amazing message from our pastor, that it's what God wants us to do...spread His Word...even if it pains us, SO...
Our church started live streaming our services online today...they've been playing with it for a few weeks but today was the first official LIVE service. And it's awesome b/c now anyone can listen to the great music and wonderful messages from anywhere in the world. When we're on vacation or at the grandparents on a Sunday, we can watch church and not miss!
Here is the website: http://www.cwbc.org/
That's great, you are thinking, totally getting God's Word out...so why am I fearful or insecure about this news? Well...I saw myself on there 2 weeks ago (cuz I'm on the worship team) and was NOT happy w/what I saw (meaning...MYSELF!). Hello, froggy...it's not all about YOU!!! Yes, I know that, I really do, but when my body was right in front of my face, it's all I could see, anyone know what I'm feeling here? Anyway, I'm just telling myself the camera (and those darn bright lights) adds at LEAST 10lbs, if not more, b/c I know I've actually lost a little weight lately (I did say a little, not a lot...it's a slow process). Ok, ok, ok, I'm done with the fears, it's out there and that's that. Help me get my mind on Jesus and HIS Word, not my belly!
Just a few background facts for ya:
1. Our pastor has been teaching Daniel & this week is Ch 8, so if you want to start w/him at the beginning, you can go to the archives (some might be audio instead of video...if so, then go to the Media subheading, click on dowload and find the previous sermons on audio files).
2. Today's worship was lead by the band I'm in, not the usual worship teams. Occasionally we'll have the youth lead music, or a musician will come in (like Danny Brooks or Shaun Groves) to do a morning concert and once in awhile, musicians in the church will lead.
3. If you don't have a home church or you aren't able to get to your church much anymore, please join us every Sunday online. If you just want a little extra preachin' during the week, you can watch it anytime in the archive section once that Sunday service is over also. No matter what "branch" of church you choose or don't choose, you will be blessed, I assure you. Our pastor comes from an EVFree background and preaches verse by verse, not just a message.
4. Just close your eyes during the worship part to really let the Spirit move ya...I'll let you know when it's safe to open them...a few months from now... JUST KIDDING! Quit staring, would ya?

anywhoooo....When I came home from church today, Nana & Pop were visiting J :) He was so excited because they also brought chocolate chip cookies, which I'm pretty sure his insides are completely made of this delightful treat these days. And best of all, he has learned that Nana is way better at helping him with his video games than mom & dad are!

Now...one last blog message...anyone want a kitten?











Yea, somehow, word gets around these parts via
animal-texting apparently, that our garage is kitty birthing headquarters, it never fails! We don't even know where this cat came from but now her 4 babies are in our garage and they are just about ready for homes!
Anyone?? Anyone...please??? I'm completely serious here. Come on, how adorable is this?
Have a great week! Pick a kitten and let me know...and enjoy learning Daniel at cwbc.org!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Part of our message today was also about spreading God's word. We were shown a clip from YouTube by Penn Jillette that was pretty profound. He is an atheist but aside from that he commented on a Bible that was given to him after a show and that he expects that if someone truly believes that someone else will go to Hell or not have eternal live in Heaven if they don't believe they should prosthletize because how much do you have to hate someone to not prosthletize and try to help that person. I never really thought about it that way. I will email you the link so you can listen to it. Unfortunately it hasn't helped him yet.

By the way, I just saw you and you are beautiful! It must have been the camera angle when you were on TV. (:

Love

Christi said...

I haven't yet watched the service, (we were on the road that day) and forgot to download it at any of our stops.

BUT I also totally get what you are saying. I hate looking at pictures of myself and even though I know I have lost some weight . . . I have alot more to go.

I am so glad that J is doing so well! When will he be back to normal (as in not as much backbreaking work for you)?

Grateful for Grace said...

Hey! We're on Daniel too! Only on chapter 3, though. It's great!!

love ya!