Thursday, July 23, 2009

Listening to the giggles

My boy had a "sleep over" w/his Grandaddy in the hotel room. We are in a suite so I told J he could sleep w/Grandad in the big king bed for one night (Grandad still has his catheter on and I'm afraid J will roll over and kick it) so they could chat. Well, this means Storytime.

When I was growing up, my Dad would tell my brother & I the silliest bedtime stories...I most vividly recall the ones involving 2 flies (with our names) as the main characters.

The tradition has continued with Grandad and J. J likes to tell Grandad stories sometimes too, but usually he's just in there giggling at one of Grandad's stories. This time...it was about CCC, the nickname they have for one of Grandaddy's most detested places..."Cr_ _ _y Chucke Cheese's" (and no...there are no "e's" in the blanks...I'm sure you can figure it out!). I could hear him in there telling J about the nickel size pizza he got for $20, and on...and on it goes :) They are 2 peas in a pod, I tell you..and I get to smile as I hear the giggles, nothin' better!!
Here are a few pics from our weekend after camp was over. We spent Sat. with Batgirl and her family just chillin (well...Batgirl's hubby & I clobbered Batgirl & T in Spades...not that he & I were surprised that's how it went down...uh-huh!). And Sunday we spent at Fiesta Texas, home of the RoadRunner roller coaster (which J only rode 5 times this year...well, he was also busy riding the Tony Hawk coaster, the Scooby Doo ride, eating funnel cake, buying Looney Tunes and Joker gear...!)

T getting attacked by Batgirl's cute kiddos!

We stopped for an ice cream snack during the afternoon...this picture is proof that I have now tried the "infamous" Culver's Concrete Malt with Caramel substitute Chocolate Custard...when I ordered, the girl looked at me and immediately said "I know who told you about that!" (a friend of mine who craves these occasionally, and she's famous at the restaurant apparently!...I had to see what the fuss was about :) )

Sunday, at Fiesta Texas, the roller coastering and game playing began. And this year, J was able to score photos with almost every character in the park...it couldn't have started better than with the Joker. We weren't in the park 2 minutes when we saw him...J doesn't look all that excited in the pic, but trust me, that's just my photography skills not capturing the moment...he is STILL talking about getting his picture taken with the Joker character!



Love this face...he's playing the game to win a Batman cape. And yes...it's in his suitcase now :) Amazingly, he and T are not wearing it around town yet, ha!


Not sure where I've gone wrong raising this kid...he was more excited to get his picture taken w/creepy "Mr. Six" than he was Taz or Sylvester!

3 comments:

Christi said...

I think that is one of my favorite sounds, listening to the kids laugh when it is some of those belly laughs. I can't tell a story very well. It ends up being the super-condensed readers digest version. Luckily mine are happy with me reading a bedtime story.

Grateful for Grace said...

OH, I'm totally cracking up. Did the Culver's employee *really* say that?! Fun.ny! So... what did ya' think??

Looks like Fiesta TX was a blast! I"m so glad. The was wondering who the weird guy at the end was. Creeeeeepy!

Grateful for Grace said...

P.S. I think the time with your dad and your son is beyond wonderful. What a treasure!