Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gettin' a Little Warm in Here...

Well...as I was taking a photo of our outdoor thermometer last Thursday (which read 106 degrees, granted it's under the porch so that's probably a degree off...but close enough!!!), I realized the temperature in the house was becoming a bit warmer. Walking over to the thermostat, I watched as the numbers climbed from 78 to 79...then to 80...T happened to call while I was checking on this and he didn't sound optomistic. As I waited for him to get home from work, I continued to watch it climb to 81...then to 82. Yea, something was definitely wrong.

Our capacitor quit working (no, much my surprise, not a flux capacitor...come on, someone out there's gotta know what I'm talking about..."Doc", Delorean... or are T & I the only ones that thought of that right away? ha!). So, 2 days after driving home from my parents, J & I headed back to crash at their house again (of course, this is AFTER I maimed by pinky toe on J's video chair while packing his clothes...and as of today, it's officially broken per x-ray by the doc! Just hate it when the doctor gives you an official reason not to do any strenuous exercise for 4 weeks...LOL!). T had to stay in case the service guy called, which did happen Fri. morning! Quite a surprise, especially on a holiday weekend.

Air was fixed on Friday, but since J & I had just driven back to Grandma & Grandad's, we decided not to turn around and drive right back home. We were able to spend more time with my brother and his family at mom & dad's house. We were also able to meet Aunt C and her 2 kiddos at Ice Age 3 on Friday, which made seeing the movie even more special.


The crew (minus Aunt C and myself)...J, Aunt L and KK stayed in the 3D spirit even after the show!

That night, T drove in to the lake to meet J & I at Nana and Pop's. We always have a relaxing time there, something about being surrounded with water & being served Nana's pancakes in the morning makes you sleepy and content :)


We decided to go back to our home for fireworks Sat. night. T bought just a few and we enjoyed a quiet night at home...well, except for the 4 fireworks "shows" going on around our home...it's actually a fun part of living outside the city limits :) I love fireworks but I don't like spending a lot of money on them :~)

Yea, I actually took this one! Got a great "fireworks" setting on the old Canon!

he begs for fireworks every year, then sits like this as T shoots them off...and can't wait for them to be over! What's up w/that?

I am thankful we drove home because the message was awesome on Sunday. Mark was finishing up Daniel 9 and I'm going to have to pull out my old Beth Moore Daniel study b/c these are some interesting parts of the bible! (go to http://www.cwbc.org/ to see the message, it was REALLy good!) This part of Daniel is getting into prophecy, in which many different biblical scholars have many different opinions. The important thing to remember is (which Mark and Beth will tell you): We don't know when Christ will return, we don't need to know, but we need to be prepared....meaning to believe in Him, to be ready for Him, and do our best to show those around us, especially our loved ones, how much He loves them and wants them to believe. We can quit debating about when it will happen and be ok with the fact that it will....because it doesn't really matter when, it just matters that we are prepared to go with Him.


The one part of the message that really struck me was a passage from Matthew 25:1-13 about the 10 bridesmaids who took their lamps to meet the bridegroom. 5 of them took extra oil for their lamps, the other 5 didn't. When the bridegroom was delayed, the girls all fell asleep. At midnight, they were awakened by a notice that the bridegroom was coming! They began preparing their lamps. The 5 who had reserve oil refilled their lamps and were ready to meet the bridegroom. The 5 who didn't, begged for oil from those who had brought extra. They were told to go to town and get more, that they should have been more prepared. As they were gone, the 5 who were ready went with the bridegroom to the marriage feast and the door was locked. When the 5 who left for oil returned, they asked to be let in..."Lord, Lord, Open the door for us!" they called. But he called back "Believe me, I don't know you!". We must be prepared because we do NOT know when He will return and it shouldn't matter. I felt compelled to get home and start talking to J. While I know he has accepted Christ and was baptized as his outward showing of his decision, I just wanted to start working with him more in his bible. I want him to be prepared. I want T to be prepared, I want all of you to be prepared. I want us all to have extra oil for our lamps so we are not locked out.

All that said...Daniel is one of my favorite books in the bible because of the historical facts that were revealed to him centuries before they happened. The explanation he is given in Ch. 9 is given to him 500 years before it actually happened. The temple being rebuilt, Jerusalem torn down (Titus - Rome), etc...very cool! Again...I gotta pull out my old study for more of the historical details, but if you haven't ever studied this book, do it!! (GFG I'm trying not to get too far ahead of your pastor's messages but it's hard with Daniel, ha! Pretty cool our pastors are doing this at the same time!)


Tomorrow is Anti-Procrastination Day!!
What have you been putting off? Me? I'm pondering pulling out J's quilt that I started, um...6 years ago and working on it a bit. Either that or I might work on the quilt I bought fabric for 2 years ago for our bed. One way or another, my mom will probably pass out b/c I will be quilting for at least an hour. Oh yea...and I will probably start working on my Project 365 pages...I am still taking pics everyday but I'm weeks behind on layouts! This week on FlyLady, we are in the kitchen...www.flylady.com. Never to late to start, one babystep at a time :)

Sorry this was such a random post...ac going out, trips to grandparents, a little preaching and Anti-procrastination day...whew! I had to make up for missing some postings :) Have a great week!

2 comments:

srkruk said...

I immediately thought of Back to the Future when I read the second paragraph!! love it!

Christi said...

I get the whole flux capacitor thing. I don't remember exactly what it did but I know it was important.

Glad you got your AC back. Summer is intolerable without AC.