Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mom! I found a Gordon!

My boy...I tell you, sometimes T & I wish more kids his age "understood" his humor more often. Maybe adults understand it better because he's an only child and converses with us most of the time (and let's face it, we're funny people...or is that dorky people...I get them confused!). Maybe it's b/c of what he watches. Maybe it's because he's just incredibly witty (I tend to lean towards that one! Hey, I'm the mom, I can do that!). Regardless of any of that, J & I crack ourselves up constantly, praise eachother with "Good one, mom!" or "Good one, J!" quite often and yes, occasionally we are sarcastic with eachother (in a nice way)...T just shakes his head at us :)



Anywho...I just wanted to pass on a few funny things from this past week, I think this first one could sweep the nation...it's a funny/clever thing. I am not even sure what we were doing, but while in the valley this week, I was apparently asking him to do something on his own (I know, I'm a taskmaster)...and without missing a beat, he looked at me and said "Mom, get a knife and cut. me. some. slack". Now you must also visualize his sweet CP hand making a cutting motion as he said the "cut- me- some- slack" part. I cracked up, couldn't stop myself.



Now, if your kids have seen the new show on DisneyXD called Zeke & Luther, you'll get this next one, it's a funny/ha-ha thing. They have an episode where one of the boys grows his first underarm hair...yes, it's gross, but it's funny b/c he names it Gordon. Well, as always, T & J have picked up on this and use it whenever they can. In fact, last night, I hear "Mom! Come look! I have a Gordon!" Now, I won't pass on any details, just know that T & I couldn't quit laughing. I'm not really ready for my boy to have "Gordon's" yet and he's not ready either...however, I couldn't burst his bubble. What's even funnier is about an hour later, while he is in his room...playing a video game, or so we thought...we hear a giggle. "Whatcha laughin' at in there?" T asks. J replies, "Just checkin' out my Gordon!". What I have to live with! Thanks a lot Luther...



This one is the funny/ironic thing he did this week. He called Grandad "overprotective" of me. I guess b/c I'm his MOM, no one should be worried about me...except him, of course. See, my dad still worries about me going out after dark, being in a parking lot alone, etc...and J told him he was being overprotective, to which my dad replied "Well, she's still my little girl". The funny/ironic part of this, is the boy calling dad "overprotective" is the same boy who calls out to "check" on me 5 times a day, even when I obviously haven't left the house. The same boy who worries about me when I'm out late with friends. The same boy who panics when his Grandad wasn't back at the hotel RIGHT AT 9pm, when he said he'd be back. Yea...and Grandad is the overprotective one in the family, ha! Such a turkey, but I love him.



So in honor of my funny kid, here's the recipe for J's new favorite cookies - Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies

Ok, this is an easy one, it's pretty much off of the Nestle bag...but it's good!!

2 1/4 c flour

1/2 c baking cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 sticks butter, softened

1 c brown sugar

3/4 c sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

semi-sweet choc. chips

*peanut butter chips



Heat oven to 375. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda an salt. In separate bowl, mix butter, both sugars and vanilla with beater/mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time for about 2 min until mixture is fluffy. Add in flour gradually. Stir in chips and drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake 8-10 min or until cookies are puffed up.

* I prefer my cookies with peanut butter chips, so I usually do 1/2 w/choc and 1/2 w/pbutter. You can also mix both chips into the whole batch, or try heath bar pieces, etc...

YUMMY and quick!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Darn it! These kids are growing up way too fast! I wish they would stop it.

Thats funny that J is so protective of you, but it just shows that he is going to be a good man when he grows up.

Since I have gained back some of the weight I lost, I am ignoring the last thing you posted. I didn't see it.

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, those are super funny! I think he has a great sense of humor. I would love to spend more time with him to get to know him. Currently, I picture him talking to The Boy or sitting in Culver's looking like he's about to die. ;-)

love ya!