Saturday, October 31, 2009

Green by Ted Dekker


Green is the newest of Dekker's books in the Circle Series, previous books being Black, Red, White. In Green, Thomas Hunter's story is continued after he has been out of the 21st century and back in the future (2,000 years ahead) for many years. The Circle, which consists of the followers of Elyon, is beginning to fall apart. Thomas's son Samuel is a leading force in the dissention, and Thomas is desperate to save them all. The Circle has lost sight of Elyon's love for them, they are losing faith in the unseen and Teelah is ready to step in and demolish them all.


I have been a Ted Dekker fan for several years and have previously read Black, Red and White. While this was not my favorite of the 4 books, I truly enjoyed reading Green. It took a chapter or two to get "back in the future" mode with the characters, but once it started coming back I was swept up in the story. I was surprised as I finished the book that it truly could be the first or the last book of the Circle series. I am always amazed at how Dekker intertwines characters from all of his books such as Billy, Black, Thomas, etc...I am now ready to re-read Black, White and Red. Go ahead..."Dive Deep" into these books as Elyon's followers do in the lakes of life. You won't be disappointed.


Then move on to Showdown, Saint and Sinner...
And if you are interested in becoming a reviewer for Thomas Nelson Publishing, click on the widget to the right of my blog!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

My Sweetie would love that!!

I signed up, but didn't get that book as an option.

Thanks!