Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Peanut revisited :)

On Saturday, while in town for our reunion, I was able to spend several hours with my good friends Lori and Heidi. You might remember Heidi from HERE and HERE. Well, I haven't seen either Lori or Heidi since Christmas, so our hubbies gratefully let us have some girl time in Tyler before the big reunion event that night. This was probably the most relaxing part of the weekend for me. The 2nd main reason for the trip (the first being to spend time with eachother!) was to visit the Starville candle store. Ok...this was not your typical candle store as I was expecting...it's a store that sells everything you need to MAKE a candle. This was very exciting for me...spells trouble for T...but fun fun fun for me!! L & H led the way and hooked me up with everything I need to make some fantastic smelling gifts for the upcoming holidays! Oh...and just wait...they even have stuff to make soap, lotion, smelly jellies...oooo...T really is in trouble, isn't he??? (Course, those of you from camp might be a bit worried when you recall my track record w/making candles at camp...I promise you I'm using proper equipment these days! I have been assured...NO FIRES! hee hee!)


Once we conquered the candle store, we headed to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. We had a wonderful time and a great waitress...who for some reason, thought it was very creepy that H & I ordered extra sour cream for our light lunches! I have now been told that a baked potato with no butter but with sour cream is completely strange...but I'm ok with that! :)


And to top the trip off...I got to see Peanut. You might remember his story HERE. Well, Heidi has a cabinet with all of Dalton's blankets, dolls and memories, it's absolutely beautiful. And right up on the top shelf is Peanut, it brought a smile to my face and my heart. H is such an incredible person, you all need to know her!!


No comments: