Well...J didn't take any pics on Friday :( But, we did take some that evening (and I snapped a few of the awards that afternoon)! On Friday, while J was riding horses and finishing up his last day at camp, I was hanging w/several more of my camp buddies. I spent a couple of hours chatting and lunching w/the lovely Sarah, then met up with Batgirl and the ever popular Ms Amber for a quick browse around town
..followed up by some quality time with another good friend KA and her family :). It was quite the day. We had planned on squeezing Eclipse in there, but just didn't get to it....too much chattin' going on!And thanks again to Mr. P (you the man!), Batgirl and her kids, my sweet neice and myself headed to the 2nd Annual Awards Ceremony for Day Camp :) Such an awesome thing. At this camp, awards nights were (and still are) amazing, very touching, encouraging, inspiring, you name it...and now we have a small version of this for the Day Campers. J received the Braveheart Award for his zip-lining :~) Such a brave boy!!

J & cousin KK

This year, my sweet friend Janette had quite an emotional week at camp. This was her son's last summer to attend, he is 16 years old. We actually live within 40 minutes of eachother, but tend to only see eachother at camp...crazy, I know! J enjoys being around Justin and learning about him, he is non-verbal which was different for J at first 6 summers ago, but I have loved watching him become more comfortable around Justin.
After dinner at our "must eat at" Mexican restaurant in town, Janette and her 2 girls, Ms. Amber, J & I headed to the local outdoor theater. I have been going to this theater since I worked at camp years ago and it has become a tradition with J while we are there for day camp over the last few years. This year, they were doing the musical Cats. Now, most of you who know me IRL, know that I am NOT a cat person. I used to love them but I really have no love for them anymore. No big reason, they just aren't my pet of choice, but I thought the musical would still be enjoyable. Yea...no...I was so wrong. And I place no blame on the local theater group. I just have to wonder what kind of drug trip Andrew Lloyd Webber was on when he came up with this one. Sorry to any Cats lovers out there, I know lots of people like it, but this girl feels as though 3 hours of her life are now gone, hours I can never have back, ha!
The girls, however, loved it and couldn't wait to get to the stage to collect autographs. J opted out, apparently he thought it was ok, but it wasn't his favorite. I gotta say, I'm still not sure what it was all about, except a bunch of cats singing, really.
We ended up our hill country visit Saturday by visiting a few minutes with Uncle P, Aunt L, KK, Kam and sweet new baby M (after picking up #4 of 4 white chocolate frappe's from Hastings, of course!) then headed home. Stopping, of course, by Krispy Kreme to pick up a dozen donuts for Sunday morning while in Austin :) (Round Rock Donuts was closed...we tried to find the amazing cookie place we have heard about but couldn't...we'll make that another trip!)

No comments:
Post a Comment