Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Heading for my massage"

H: "I am overwhelmed, I can't stand this, there are crickets everywhere, even your son won't take a shower here, Travelocity isn't cooperating...help!"

T: "Calm down, what is going on? What is wrong with the hotel?"

H: "What ISN'T wrong with it, what do I do? Ahhhhhhh...(this is where the cricket landed on my head and I'm in tears now)"

T: "It can't be that bad, call them back or call the front desk. Or go find another hotel, I'm fine with that."

H: "No, you're right, we can handle it, I'll call them and work something out."

T: "Ok, well, I'm about to head down for my spa massage at my spa resort that I am not having to pay for"

H: "Thanks for that"

Ok...so he didn't say it quite like that...no wait, he did. But my man, like other men I'm sure, is not fond of strangers even giving him shoulder massages so while it might have been an option at the resort, I knew he wasn't actually heading for it, he was just trying to lighten my mood. Didn't work.
What I haven't posted yet is, we drove home from the wedding in Odessa on a Sunday. Monday afternoon, T headed out to North Carolina for work then J & I headed to camp on Tuesday. T was going to be presenting information from his region and was going to be doing it in the beautiful Appalachian mountains, at an all-paid resort. We would have loved going with him, but camp for J trumps other trips, it's a big part of his summers. And obviously I wasn't too sad about missing on the resort because of my hopeful hotel prospect (and the whole "I get to hang out w/my friends" part!)...of course that hopeful hotel outlook went downhill quickly as you have previousy read.

He took a few gorgeous pics of the area, check these out! (made me miss Tennessee a bit)






No comments: