Anyway...on to P365...I'll just post the pages with the journaling as usual and give credits where I can on the papers and layouts :) I tried to change names to initials and such where I caught them. I don't have an update today on Dad but will get one tonight so I'll post again later or tomorrow. As of last night, they are waiting for his temp to go down so he can GO HOME. They took out the port Saturday hoping that is the site of infection that is causing the 100 temp and higher blood pressure over the last week. Mom said he is eating a better, his throat everyday feels a touch better so it's getting easier. He is such a trooper, I am so proud of him. God is showing his glory through this, as we know He will through any sickness or time of trial that He chooses to put a believer through...because Dad is so calm and although scared sometimes, the peace of Jesus just shows on his face and definitely in his behavior, even when confronted with things that are unpleasant.

(week 6 layout credits: template by Meridith Tiede at Moriginals.blogspot.com, papers from http://stolenmomentsdesign.blogspot.com , metal words from http://www.weedsandwildflowersdesign.com )
Day 1
Monday was spent cleaning up garage sale items and taking them to Goodwill as we will never actually have that infamous garage sale. This was in an old jewelry box from mom’s house that was my Aunt Jo’s. I remember her wearing this. It’s broken now, but it still smells like her. It’s so awesome that God reminds us at random times of family members we loved and miss.
Monday was spent cleaning up garage sale items and taking them to Goodwill as we will never actually have that infamous garage sale. This was in an old jewelry box from mom’s house that was my Aunt Jo’s. I remember her wearing this. It’s broken now, but it still smells like her. It’s so awesome that God reminds us at random times of family members we loved and miss.
Day 2
Captain Underpants! This is J’s current favorite book series. And being the great mom I am...I found a pinecone that looked a lot like one of the characters in Super Diaper Baby, “Deputy Doo Doo”. I couldn’t resist...I had to make J an “action figure”, ha! He loved it.
Captain Underpants! This is J’s current favorite book series. And being the great mom I am...I found a pinecone that looked a lot like one of the characters in Super Diaper Baby, “Deputy Doo Doo”. I couldn’t resist...I had to make J an “action figure”, ha! He loved it.
Day 3
Our fireplace...when first buying the house, it was not my favorite thing, in appearance (metal doors...). It has become one of the best features of our home over the years. It’s our main heating source on cold days.
Our fireplace...when first buying the house, it was not my favorite thing, in appearance (metal doors...). It has become one of the best features of our home over the years. It’s our main heating source on cold days.
Day 4Thursday night, J had a specific recipe in mind for supper. He wanted cheese soup with chopped up carrots and broccoli in it, and some noodles. So, I made broccoli cheese soup, then added the carrots and noodles in J’s bowl. He loved it and took complete credit for cooking it!
Day 5
Another lost tooth!! J got in the car after school telling me he thought he almost lost a tooth on some Air Head candy. Low and behold...a few hours later, it popped out!
Another lost tooth!! J got in the car after school telling me he thought he almost lost a tooth on some Air Head candy. Low and behold...a few hours later, it popped out!
Day 6
My new love...or my new “crack” of choice as T puts it. I don’t usually like Burt’s Bees chapstick because of the menthol in it (actually makes my lips peel!), but I found these lip glosses on sale after Christmas and decided to try them (no menthol!). I LOVE them...thankfully, the package contained 3 so I am rarely without one close by.
My new love...or my new “crack” of choice as T puts it. I don’t usually like Burt’s Bees chapstick because of the menthol in it (actually makes my lips peel!), but I found these lip glosses on sale after Christmas and decided to try them (no menthol!). I LOVE them...thankfully, the package contained 3 so I am rarely without one close by.
Day 7
On Sunday, after church & a movie (Pink Panther 2), we brought IndianaD home with us to play for the afternoon. As always, the boys enjoyed the afternoon together. They played with Wii fit a lot. They raced eachother (D ran while J simply moved the remote really quickly...he learned that trick quickly!) They both wore themselves out.
On Sunday, after church & a movie (Pink Panther 2), we brought IndianaD home with us to play for the afternoon. As always, the boys enjoyed the afternoon together. They played with Wii fit a lot. They raced eachother (D ran while J simply moved the remote really quickly...he learned that trick quickly!) They both wore themselves out.
(week 7 layout credits: template by Meridith Tiede at Moriginals.blogspot.com, papers by Creations by Rachel for Forever Mine blog train, elements from Christy Skaggs Forever Mine blog train kit & Danielle Corbitt at atexaschickie.blogspot.com & soronen_johanna@hotmail.com)Day 1
Sweetheart Candy...this became a “thing” between Dad & I years ago, I can’t actually remember when it started, but I know he did it while I was in college. Every Valentine’s he sends me a few boxes of these candies and every year he takes out most of the orange and yellow ones because those are his favorites. So...in the spirit of the season, I usually send him a few boxes or a bag of these candies as well but I only send the oranges and yellows to him. This year I was ready to send my bag, thinking I would beat him to it...no way, he was a week ahead of me! I couldn’t believe it, even with everything he’s going through, he didn’t forget our tradition :)
Day 2
On Tuesday, J wanted to call and check on Grandad. He’s never been much of a phone-boy, but he will spend a few minutes with Grandad anytime. As you can see, he still keeps his eyes on the current movie or video game on his TV, even though it’s not actually running! Yes, I usually have to turn it off to get him to focus!
Day 3
On Wednesday, since I forgot to take J last Friday for his appointment, we finally made it in to “Aunt Paige" for a haircut. We usually let J do what he wants with his hair and over the last year or so, it’s been longer, like a skater boy’s hair (see Day 2). He decided on the way there that he wanted to go back to spiking it so off went that soft long hair! The teachers at school love it because they can see his eyes, ha! I forgot they have never seen him with short hair at this campus.
Day 4
After T left for his hunting trip, he called and asked me to check on something in his room outside. Upon entering, I found a wrapped jewelry box and inside were 2 beautiful Pandora charms from my hubby and my son! He spoils me to no end and I love it, ha! I hope he liked his chocolates....yes, I feel bad that I got jewelry and he got chocolates! Had I known..!
Sweetheart Candy...this became a “thing” between Dad & I years ago, I can’t actually remember when it started, but I know he did it while I was in college. Every Valentine’s he sends me a few boxes of these candies and every year he takes out most of the orange and yellow ones because those are his favorites. So...in the spirit of the season, I usually send him a few boxes or a bag of these candies as well but I only send the oranges and yellows to him. This year I was ready to send my bag, thinking I would beat him to it...no way, he was a week ahead of me! I couldn’t believe it, even with everything he’s going through, he didn’t forget our tradition :)
Day 2
On Tuesday, J wanted to call and check on Grandad. He’s never been much of a phone-boy, but he will spend a few minutes with Grandad anytime. As you can see, he still keeps his eyes on the current movie or video game on his TV, even though it’s not actually running! Yes, I usually have to turn it off to get him to focus!
Day 3
On Wednesday, since I forgot to take J last Friday for his appointment, we finally made it in to “Aunt Paige" for a haircut. We usually let J do what he wants with his hair and over the last year or so, it’s been longer, like a skater boy’s hair (see Day 2). He decided on the way there that he wanted to go back to spiking it so off went that soft long hair! The teachers at school love it because they can see his eyes, ha! I forgot they have never seen him with short hair at this campus.
Day 4
After T left for his hunting trip, he called and asked me to check on something in his room outside. Upon entering, I found a wrapped jewelry box and inside were 2 beautiful Pandora charms from my hubby and my son! He spoils me to no end and I love it, ha! I hope he liked his chocolates....yes, I feel bad that I got jewelry and he got chocolates! Had I known..!

Day 5
J’s 3rd grade Valentine’s party! A sugar lover’s delight...cupcakes, cookies, candy, juice, chips dip...you name it, they ate it. The kids had a great time swapping Valentine’s and playing Multiplication bingo. Well...as you can see from the 2nd Day 5 pic, J really didn’t focus on the game as much as he did the game pieces :)
Day 6
On Saturday, since T was out of town on a hunting trip with Uncle T, J & I treated eachother to a day out for Valentine’s! We chowed down at Corn Dog 7, at the request of J, and then headed to see Coraline in 3D at the theater. We ended the day with cookies from the Great American Cookie Factory. I love my boy!
Day 7
Tonight was our second night to work on the Easter music at worship practice. We are singing the songs from this CD and it will be awesome. Such great music, very contemporary of course, but I think young and old alike will love it!

(week 8 layout credits: template by Meridith Tiede at Moriginals.blogspot.com, papers by Vicki at http://vicki20.blogspot.com/ "A work in progress" from Candy Dreams kit, elements from Digitreats and soronen_johanna@hotmail.com)
Day 1 Since I ended up heading to Longview at short notice late Sunday night, I didn’t get an actual Monday photo...however, I had taken this pic of T’s foot the week before for p365 but ended up with 2 pics for the same day. So...without further ado...T’s foot! Why is this in my p365 layout? Because my husband thinks he has the most beautiful feet known to mankind. He has always thought this and it cracks me up...not that I don’t think it’s a great looking foot...but really...who says this about their feet? I love him :) and his foot...
Day 2 Dad’s last day of radiation!!! I was fortunate enough to be at the hospital still on Tuesday when Dad headed to take his llast treatment. At the Cancer center, you get to ring a bell when it’s your last treatment, to signify that your race has been run and you are moving on. This was an awesome time for Dad, it lifted his spirits and he was so determined to do this, even having to be on a stretcher to do it! I am so proud of him, this was no easy 6 weeks for sure.
Day 3 Back at home on Wednesday, I spent the day cleaning house...I mean really cleaning...for my friends who were coming on Friday to hang out with me! I even vaccumed the catwalk and the animal skins on the staircase railings! No cat hair in this house, well for a day or two, atleast! T decided this should be my Day 3 picture...such a guy! And yea...I looked like this for 2 days straight.

Day 4 Well...just as the weekend was approaching, we had to have our dog Max put to sleep. Max was T’s first dog that was his very own, we got him right after we were married. He had been sick for a long time and we knew this was the right thing to do, it was just really hard. We miss him, but we know he’s not in pain anymore. We buried him in the backyard with a tennis ball, he always loved chasing tennis balls.
Day 5 On Friday, my girlfriends came to hang out!! I haven’t seen Batgirl since the fall and that is too long for me. 5 of my friends came to scrapbook, watch movies, eat and just laugh and catch up with eachother. We all needed this girl time. I haven’t been this relaxed in quite awhile. It always does my heart good to be with these girls, especially my Batgirl!
Day 6 On Saturday, after a late breakfast, we headed to the salon to get our toes done. Unfortunately, I had not specifically asked for Deluxe pedi’s on the phone (I’m new at this!) so only 2 of us got them b/c our girl had the time. Ok...I was one of the 2 and my sis-in-law was the 2nd! I felt horrible about the other 3 girls getting regular pedi’s...I have learned my lesson!! But look at the results :) Our toes are beautiful! Mine are green, then Batgirl, P, K, C, & T. After our pedi’s we had a GREAT late lunch at Joe’s and then took C & K to the jewelry store for Pandora bracelets...once they saw ours, they had to have one!
Day 7 Before leaving on Sunday, C & K, who had slept in J’s room, decided to leave him a bit of pink deocration. They had joked with him Friday before he & T left that they would paint his room pink. He freaked out, but thought they were funny. He walked in to his room, told them this wasn’t how he had left his room and immediately took down one of the pink boa’s. It was hilarious! They had a pink nightlight on his TV and another pink boa around the deer that is mounted on his wall! He thought that was the funniest part.
No comments:
Post a Comment