Saturday, February 14, 2009

Updates on Dad, 365 & 9-9

After talking with mom and Uncle Tim today, I feel encouraged about Dad's condition. I did not write about the transfusions correctly yesterday, so to get the info across correctly, they were 2 platelette transfusions, not complete blood transfusions. His count was very low.

He still has fever, due to the pneumonia and his blood pressure is fluctuating, but the oncologist and Uncle Tim (who hasn't seen him in a week) both said he looked better today. Better color and he has been drinking a bit and eating a bit.

They plan to keep him in the hospital until Tuesday IF his temp stays steady. If it does not, they will call in an infectious disease unit to look him over and see if the meds he is receiving need to be changed, etc...and then he will stay in a bit longer.

He has been told this next week will be the hardest, however he is so ready for the radiation to be over, I think just having it done on Tuesday will help him feel better at least mentally, which can carry a long way. Praise God he has not had any of the mouth sores yet they told him he would most likely have!

Love you all and thank you, just keep them in your thoughts and I'll keep trying to update.

And as for my Project 365 layouts 6 & now 7 and some fun Valentine's pics (my son took me to Corn Dog 7, need I say more?? lol!) , I'll get to it hopefully Monday...T took my camera w/him hunting and 5 of the pics I need are on there!!! I have the Valentine's on J's camera but can't find the plug to get them onto my computer :( Will work on that!

As for the 9-9 challenge, I have been able to get some reading done while not feeling well, so now I have read I think 7 on my list (well, 2 were re-reads and those go a bit faster). Woo hoo!

I have to also add this, as a funny for you all. A few weeks ago, we were in the car and J was chattering about something. After a minute or so I hear him say "blah blah blah, blobbity blah blah blah". I laughed because I knew he realized I hadn't been listening to him well. He giggled with me and asked "that's what you were hearing wasn't it, mom?" Aw...how well they know us moms! He's such a comedian :~)

1 comment:

Christi said...

I hate it when I get caught not listening! Luckily they don't take it personally. I think.

I am glad your Dad seems to be doing better. Hopefully this past week was the hardest for him and it will get easier from here on out.

Are you feeling any better?