



Christmas #2





Makin' the choc. chip cookies for Santa
Christmas #3
Our third celebration was on Christmas night with my family. T is such an understanding hubby. I wanted to be w/my parents on Christmas Day this year so we drove in after our own Christmas. The grandkids were loaded down as usual by Grandma & Grandaddy and us kids didn't do so badly either :) Dad read the Christmas story to us as he has since I was little then we prayed together and proceeded with gift giving. My brother and his family as well as my Aunt S from Minn. were all there. J received a video camera and was busy the rest of the weekend, ha! It was very peaceful and meaningful.
Grandma & Kam listening to Grandaddy read the Christmas story

Yes...he's filming his close-up!
Our rein-dears! KK's favorite gift was her ukelale (spell?)
Christmas #4
Hayes Christmas on Dec. 27! This is the annual Day Celebration of all Hayes cousins, aunts and uncles (my Dad's brothers, sisters and their families). I have enjoyed this since I was old enough to remember being at one. It's been held at mom & dad's home for many years, ends up usually around 60 people and each year there are more and more little ones :) I love visiting with my cousins and it's fun to see the younger generation playing like we used to. Although it's also heartbreaking to see them getting older, arghhh!!!

I love this picture of T & Kat's sweet baby :)
Just a few of my beautiful cousins!
Happy New Year!
As we have for the last 3 years, we welcomed the new year in comfy clothes with our friends Bling, Escilito, Ebird & IndianaD. This year we headed to their home and while the boys did their usual....
This was the first day of our 14th year of marriage! 

Ebird joined us as we introduced Bling & Escilito to Phase10...we created a new set of addicts :)

We had a wonderful and relaxing time...and thankfully they have tivo b/c as I went to give J his New Years kiss he said "I didn't get to see it!"..."it" being the ball drop, so we played it again for him. I love that, b/c I am such a New Years Eve girl, I have always loved New Years Eve...the staying up, the game playing, the food, the Waterford ball...one of my biggest hopes in life is to make it to New York for a New Years Eve. I am not married, however, to a New Years Eve lover...but he smiles through it for me :) So it thrilled me a little that my boy wanted to see that ball drop :) I actually have a great pic of Bling but I wasn't sure she'd want me to post it here...salt girl!
And today, we torched the tree, which signifies the start of a new year in our home. So...now you have been caught up on our holidays...how were yours? We hope you enjoyed your family, more than usual, slowed down a bit and savored each moment you had. We also hope that your 2009 is full of ups and downs b/c w/out the downs you might not appreciate the ups...and we hope it is loaded with love, family and friends...but most importantly, God.

2 comments:
I love that -- torching the tree! Scott would love to do that, except our tree is fake.
I don't really keep up with 2 blogs, that one on homeschool blogger is my old one, and I moved most of the posts over to blogger. I had just decided that I was going to do a post on what we were cooking for Christmas dinner and it seemed to be easiest to have the recipes in separate post but . . . on and on and on.
The short version is, I may put most of my recipes there but I still haven't decided. I can't get it organized the way I want.
Oh, and I never did get the stupid menu post done. I may go ahead with it though even though it is past Christmas.
phew, your 4 christmases wears me out! we had 2 and i thought that was tiring! i'm used to staying at home and being a bum! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog (my first!!)...how do you respond directly to a comment? i answered you back by adding another comment but then it dawned on me that you probably wouldn't come back to read it!! i'm definitely still learning about this blogging stuff but i can say that i am addicted to reading a bunch of them already!
Post a Comment