
Day 1
This is a picture of our bed. I love our bed, it’s made of old doors, which fits T & I perfectly as we both love old homes and we used to live in one back in Silsbee. We found this at Canton. We had the night stands built when we ordered the bed to match. Why did I add this photo to our Project 365? Because since January 2nd, I have actually kept it made at least 6 days a week (when I’ve been home!). This is a HUGE accomplishment for me.
Day 2
Dr. Palmer and I have become well aquainted over the last year. I am pretty sure T & I have personally made several of his car payments. This is my 3rd crown in one year (one was a replacement because an old one chipped on a nacho!). Yes, I have the world’s worst teeth...but this crown is actually not due to a root canal. I have had 2 root canals and almost every tooth in my mouth has a filling of some sort. Thankfully, his office staff and Dr. Palmer himself are very nice (to which T usually says “of course they are, you are paying them quite well!).
Day 3
Homemade hot chocolate in a fun retro mug! This hot chocolate is a pantry staple around here. My mom first made it many years ago off of a friend’s recipe. It has become the favorite of most of us in the family over the years. T & J occasionally want it in the summer, that’s how good it is! This mug is one left over from gifts we gave this Christmas to teachers and friends. I actually found them at Dollar General and had to scourge 4 stores to buy enough! On rare cold weekdays when I get to stay home all morning, this is breakfast for me.

Day 4
My poor man...he is never sick. Over the last week, T has felt absolutely miserable. He finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and was told he had walking pneumonia. He is exhausted, can’t stop coughing and feels like he has the flu without the high fever. This is the longest I have seen him lay around under a blanket looking so pitiful in a long time :(
Day 5
One Name...our official new name for the band. We had our first “gig” in many months Friday evening. Well...as James C pointed out, it’s actually our first gig as “One Name” total, but our 3rd or 4th as a band under other names! We had a great time, the music came together perfectly that evening (even though I started one song a little low!) I love this “job” !! (the red mic was mine)
Day 6
I took J in to Longview Saturday afternoon to spend quality time with his 50 years older twin! These 2 are quite the pair. This trip was to encourage Dad, remind him why he’s fighting this cancer and for J to see that his Grandaddy is still in one piece. As usual, much of the time was spent in Grandaddy’s room w/J watching DVD’s and Grandad napping :) !
Day 7
We headed to Grandma’s favorite spot for a late lunch, McAllister’s Deli. This is not J’s favorite but he realizes we will eat there at least once every trip! He decided to spice things up a bit this time by biting into a jalepeno. Needless to say, it was much hotter than he expected! He drank quite a bit of Dr. Pepper and even licked some ketchup (a la Scooby, Shaggy, Lloyd, Harry!) to try & kill the burn! He says the ketchup worked, ha!
2 comments:
Ok... glad for this update. Praying all around.
I'm especially grateful that your mom has her own therapy while you dad has his. I know it's great for her. Isn't God loving?
many hugs to you,
GfG
Your poor dad! Those infections can be miserable! And it stinks to get all geared up for something and then not be able to get it over with.
I hope T is feeling better soon. Pneumonia is miserable.
Tell J to stay away from the jalapenos unless they are in jelly or jam (yum).
Post a Comment