He has 11 more days of 1-a-day radiation treatments left then 12 days of 2-a-day radiation treatments. Food is already starting to taste funny and he has been told that after another week or so, most everything will taste like cardboard...what an encouraging thought. This is tough for a Dr. Pepper fanatic!! Even those taste funny right now for him :(
I get to head in Thursday night to spend some time with him & take him to his Friday treatment while mom heads to her Presbytery meeting and I am actually, as funny as this sounds, really happy I get to go, not just thankful that I can. I like seeing him with my eyes, not just talking on the phone, to make sure he's still ok. We've always been able to just sit quietly around eachother, never have felt the need you sometimes feel with people to keep talking just to talk. So it will be nice to just hang with Dad for a couple of days. I also want to see exactly how the radiation works, well...as far as they'll let me.
I love you all and thank you SO much for your prayers, we feel the peace and I know it's passing to mom & dad through all of you (well, T always feels it, what's up w/that? He's got some greater spiritual connection I guess, ha!). Now...if you are a regular blog reader...keep going to see week 2 of my Project 365...if you are not and are caught up on Dad, thanks for visiting :) And check back once a week or so for more updates as I tend to forget to e-mail everyone. Just bookmark this page in your favorites.
Week 2...this is really a fun project, although there have been a couple of days where I wonder "what in the world have we done w/this whole day that I haven't thought to take one picture!" That's when I realize, it's not how busy you are or what all you can squeeze into one day, it's just about the daily stuff...sitting on the couch watching TV shows on DVD's w/T (currently Bones and Boston Legal!) or J playing his DS...the books we are enjoying...these are the small details everyday that will also bring back memories when we look back over the year 2009! The big events I will most likely scrapbook anyway, these smaller moments are the ones Project 365 is meant to catch. (And as a side note, you will notice the last picture is missing...that's b/c it's on my phone and I HAVE NO IDEA how to get it to my computer, I am so phone-challenged and I don't even have a fancy phone! If anyone knows how to get pics from a Razor to your computer (without having to purchase any special software) please let me know :) )

(Credits for both pages: template by Meredith Tiede at moriginals.blogspot.com, paper by Gina Huff at http://www.weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/ )

(The missing picture is of my friend "bling" as she dealt out a hand of Phase 10)
I hope you can enlarge these on your own to read them, if not and you are curious as to who someone is or why the picture is there, just send me a comment. I'm ready to see some of your layouts!!!
2 comments:
wow..I went through being there for my ex husband 6 mos of chemo and then 60days straight radiation.. it was soo hard to see this strong muscular man so tired and weak.. but I just prayed through it.. he is 13 yrs in remission now and although we are divorced we have 2 beautiful babies together and I am grateful for his recovery. I will add you and your family in our prayers at home and our church.. hugs from Houston
I love the 365 day idea.
I'm so glad you get to go be with your dad and that things are going as well as can be expected.
love,
GfG
Post a Comment