Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Expressions Challenge....One Life






This morning, after a walk and a few errands, I was still pondering what this week's challenge would be (which is why I'm late w/it today!). The song you just played, hopefully, above...came up on my iPod. I have heard it before and had downloaded it just last night from iTunes because I found out 33Miles is coming to our church in April for a concert (www.cwbc.org if you are in the area and wanna go!)

Well, needless to say, God spoke through this song to me. I've been hit with the idea of living just one day at a time over the last few days (I know...it's not a new idea, but it's been hitting me!). Not worrying about tomorrow, not regretting yesterday, just living for today because that's what God gives us. Today. What am I doing with the day? Am I focusing on my family? Am I paying attention to my friends? Am I working on my "home", not just the house? Am I telling those around me how much I love them?

That last one really hit me, especially when I hear the song. I want my minutes to be spent so I don't regret them, so my family doesn't regret them. I want to stop feeling irritated over little things that might seem big, but are truly little. I want my husband to truly know just how much I adore him and rely on him. I want my son to truly know how precious he is to me, even when he messes up or does things I think are crazy...I want to be that parent who lets him make those mistakes, teaches him through them and lets him be himself, even if it's silly. Because we only have one time around, one life to love. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

So this week's challenge...write a letter (doesn't have to be long) or a card to someone in your immediate family (spouse, children, mom, dad, sibling) and just tell them how much they mean to you. Not just "I love you" but truly what they mean to you and how blessed you feel to have them in your life. It might just keep a lot of us moms happier to focus on the blessings in our lives rather than the irritations...remembering we don't have that long and we only get ONE life with our loved ones.


And last week's challenge was to make something for a friend. I made a few head-scarves for our friend Macy and J helped me deliver one. Don't have a picture yet, but will get one up soon.

No comments: