I have read it before, I rememer enjoying it...but I picked it up again when I found it on sale for a few dollars over the holidays. Last week I decided to finally read it again. It is by far the most romantic book I have ever read, was even better the 2nd time I think. It will stir up feelings for God and your spouse that you might have forgotten were there. (And if you knew they were there, they'll get stirred up anyway :) )
It is a wonderful visual of how God persues us and is persistent with us. He wants to woo us, He wants to save us, He wants to redeem us from our past and our sins and He gives us chance after chance. The characters, Michael and Angel (aka Sarah) become real and you just melt at Michael's persistant love for his wife while you get angry with Angel for clinging to her past.
Whether or not you are a big fan of "Christian" fiction, pick this book up. It will win you over, it will keep you reading until 2am (or later...not that I would do that...nope, not me!). It will get you off of the computer for a few hours to read (yep, speaking from experience here!). It's a beautiful story.
No comments:
Post a Comment