Ok...yesterday at a birthday lunch with some of my friends, I had to laugh as one of them started counting up all of the animals we have at our home. Yes, I was complaining about 2 of them (we have been "dog and cat" sitting for almost a year along with our own animals) and she was just astounded at the amount of 4 legged creatures we have roaming around our home. 5 dogs - big dogs (again, 2 of which are not really ours, we just feed them...and they in turn have lovingly torn up T's garage and the backyard), 4 cats (1 is not ours, the other 3 I wish weren't!...and it was 5 but one ran off the first day it was dropped off...) and 2 rats (they are the only indoor pets!). Not so bad, really, when you live out in the country as I'm told we do. So this gives an intro as to why I am posting the following for Family Favorites Friday :) J brought home his writing portfolio for us to check out this week as it was finally TAKS Writing week. It's great to see how his writing has improved, he gets to use a program called Dragon Speak that allows him to speak his stories/writing homework into a headset and the computer types it for him. Fantastic program for people with disabilities. Anyway, it was wonderful to see how he has started mastering the program over the year and how his thoughts are on the paper. He has always written creatively (just a parental bragging moment here..in 2nd grade he was in the UIL Creative Writing contest!), however, this story was my favorite. It's a shorter one, from earlier in the year and I haven't asked him why he wrote it...whether it was an assignment or something he just thought up...but it cracks me up.
So for your reading pleasure today...
"Would An Armadillo Make a Good Pet" by J.
(I have typed it here as it is written...he's not a fan of punctuation and apparently took my lecturing on capital letters to the extreme!)
I think an Armadillo Would not Make a Good Pet Because It Would Maybe Tri to Attack You. And It Would Poop And Pee In The House. And It Would Have Babies. And If It Fell In a Mud Pudle It Would Get Mud Tracks On The Floor.
So one pet we apparently will never own is an armadillo...because who wants armadillo tracks all over the house? Not to mention the pooping. Dogs? sure. cats? unfortunately. rats? yep...but no Armadillos.
Hope you enjoy your weekend!
1 comment:
Oh, hilarious!!! At least armadillos are safe.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment