Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I love my job(s)

Yes, it might amaze you to know I have several jobs...none of them full time, but all of them truly enjoyable. Ok...J and T are my full time job, have no doubt about that and they are enjoyable also :)

As you might have read last year, I became a certified ropes course facilitator through the local college (yep, I get paid for this, how cool is that?!). While in grad school, I took ropes course classes because of my degree and I always always enjoyed them. From the initial games to the high elements, no matter how pee-in-my-pants scared I might have been (especially on the aptly named "Pamper" Pole)!

Well, it's been a year since I was certified so re-certification time was in order. Our boss scheduled a day in July (mind you..it was stinkin' HOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!) and we got down to business...or rather, UP to business!!

My ropes bud Keith headin' up the Incline. We had to take turns being the participant so Powerful Paul (our Team Synergy teacher) could assess our belaying skills.

Me on the multi-vine...I'll spare you the photo taken of my rear-end as I headed down from the element...


Our Level 1 group has diminished in size a bit over the last year but the 5 of us who came for training truly love what we do. We have had the chance over the last year to work with juvenile delinquent kids, women from abusive pasts, diva high school girls, jocks of all shapes and sizes, middle school kids, high school kids, college kids, teachers, you name it. And every chance we get to work changes our view of things and we hope it does the same for the people we meet on the course. I may not look incredibly strong, but I can climb a tall pole, set up an element and belay a 280lb man...all in a single bound!
And I can look really frumpy hanging by a rope in a harness...LOL!


My friend Mia walking up the incline


Oh...and I passed...another year I can work and another year closer to training for Level 2 Facilitator!
!

No comments: