And Jessie, same w/her boots! don't forget Slinky, Potato Head, Bullseye, Zurg...yep, they were all there
He was Woody for Halloween (which was too funny b/c his cousins were Buzz and Squeakers that year too...they are all SO stinkin' cute!)
Then last summer, they brought out Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 in a 3D Double Feature at the theaters. Seeing as how J and his cousins had never actually seen a Toy Story on the big screen, this was way cool for all of us.
So by now you can well imagine my...I mean our...excitement to see Toy Story 3 this summer. I...I mean we...couldn't wait for June 18th to arrive. Even after a day at the ropes course in crazy 96 degree heat, I was showered and ready to head out with my family by 5:45pm. We met Bling and her family for dinner at a great local Mexican restaurant then headed in for the flick.
It was everything I'd...I mean We'd...hoped for. We laughed, I cried, we felt for the characters, I cried (you seeing the pattern?). Pretty much every mom I know who has seen this has cried. Not only about the whole "going to college" thing but b/c somehow Disney just has this way of getting you to care so much for TOYS. Well, that and it was just such a big part of J's younger years. I also decided never to donate toys to a day care for toddlers!
It was everything I'd...I mean We'd...hoped for. We laughed, I cried, we felt for the characters, I cried (you seeing the pattern?). Pretty much every mom I know who has seen this has cried. Not only about the whole "going to college" thing but b/c somehow Disney just has this way of getting you to care so much for TOYS. Well, that and it was just such a big part of J's younger years. I also decided never to donate toys to a day care for toddlers!
When we were back home that night, J started scrounging in his closet and found a few of the toys he had forgotten for a few years. Woody and Jessie are still close at hand, but Slinky, Rex and Zurg hadn't been seen in awhile. He decided to get them out so they could hang around his room again...the sentimental part of me loves that.


No comments:
Post a Comment