Somehow, someway, they found a way in and they continued to bite and multiply.
So today...we had a canine sacrifice. No, there was no blood involved. Just a flea pill (Comfortis, if you haven't heard, is a newer flea medicine that after 30 min. you can actually see dead fleas on the floor around your dog).
Bullet was brought in after 30 minutes and J & I proceeded to lure him into every room in hopes of him "catching" all live fleas so they would die on him. I know...it sounds very cruel, but since they are dying after they land on him (with this medicine, they don't have to bite to die), he doesn't itch. And he's a spoiled dog who hasn't been allowed in for 3 weeks so he would just about do anything to be in the house. He is scared to death of the bathroom, however, because of having had 2 baths in there as a puppy so even using his favorite cheese as a lure almost didn't work!

I did feel a little bad when I flicked fleas that had crawled onto my foot over onto Bullet. So maybe that was a bit wrong, but he's the only source of death to the fleas! Spray just makes 'em angry...trust me. (ps...is that not the sweetest dog you have ever seen?)
No comments:
Post a Comment