It's something we say we do, but sometimes we forget. Come on, how many of you have said "I'll be praying for you" but then you realize 2 days later you forgot to add that name into any prayers you made? I'll own up to it, I've done it. It's a frustrating part of my life and I wish I didn't forget things daily (or should I say hourly?), but I do. Praying for friends shouldn't be one of them though. I have been trying to make a more conscious effort this year so far to actually pray for someone right when I tell them "I'll be praying for you". It's usually of the silent, just me & God, kind of prayer, but that works too. I also have found that writing the name down somewhere helps me (remember I'm a list maker!). I think God's ok with that, he knows my brain is easily distracted and forgetful.
Well, here are 2 chances I have to pray for friends...and I would really like you to say a prayer for them also. I'll post updates as I can on each of them.
1. Macy - my friend Paige's 16 year old daughter (and one of J's babysitters) - has been in and out of the hospital for over 2 months now. They discovered she was having seizures and they are considering that epilepsy. However, a mass was discovered in her head that is apparently putting pressure on the vessels as the blood exits the brain. They are still deciding whether they can do surgery or not. She is still having a lot of seizures, even with medication. They aren't awful (as far as seizures go I guess), but her speech becomes warbled and she doesn't remember what has happened. They thought it might be corticle dysplasia, but have now ruled that out (after an angiogram yesterday) because the mass is too aggressive and progressive. They are still unsure of what the mass is. They are planning a biopsy as I type this.
"Aunt Paige" as we call her is one of my favorite people, we met a few years ago and hit it off right away. She will crack you up with almost every sentence she utters. Course I think Paige hits it off with everyone she meets, she's just that kind of person. Her faith has been tested over and over yet she remains so obedient and trusting in God. She might start crying as she is telling you about Macy but her words are so positive. She is an inspiration. And her 3 daughters are just as fantastic. Please pray for all of them, they are seeing God's hand in all of this, it's amazing their faith.
2. Christi - my friend Christi over at OUR JOURNEY needs prayer for her father and her family. Her Dad has been sick with cancer. He had an appointment Monday and Tuesday and they found the cancer had spread. What they hoped was an abscess in his jaw is not, it is the cancer. The cancer is also around his eyes and other places. They are going to do radiation for 10 days and that will hopefully help him feel better. They are going to discuss what is next and the doctors have mentioned hospice.
Most of you know that we went through quite a time last year when my Dad was diagnosed with throat cancer. He had a rough experience and there is always that shadow hanging over that it will return, no matter how long you go "cancer free". Well, that shadow has become real for Christi and her family. Usually I would say "I can't imagine how you are feeling" in cases like this...but this time I can imagine. I know how Christi's heart is feeling and I know she NEEDS PRAYER. She is wonderful person, she homeschools, she has a great faith in God and His plans, she's funny and smart and I really enjoy knowing her. Please lift Christi and her family up in prayer this week.
1 comment:
Thank you so much sweet friend. You don't know how this brought tears to my eyes. Some days are just really hard. I talked to Daddy the other day and he was telling me that he had no appetite but even if he did, his mouth sores were so bad that he didn't want to eat. Yesterday Mom told me that he asked for the wheelchair because he didn't feel strong enough to walk around. I just feel so grateful that I had this much time with him but I am not ready for it to end.
Post a Comment