Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Anti-Procrastination and Works for Me!

Ok, I'm not usually a "What Works for me Wednesday" blogger, but this week, I feel I must step up and share.


While in the Valley 2 weeks ago, at the outlet mall to be exact, J & I walked into a "Tools and More" store just for kicks. This store was focused solely on all of those gadgets you find on TV infomercials. You name it, they had it! The Bumpt-it (hair "design"), Gorilla Glue, prett much anything Billy Mays sold on TV. Well, I succumbed to the "man, that's an awesome invention" feel of the place and purchased these:


Dryer Balls. Just to try 'em, ya know? I'm tired of trying to find just the right smelling and right "feeling" fabric softeners and dryer sheets. I also try to use things now with less chemicals b/c it's good for the environment, for my family and for our septic system. I must say, I actually like these. They were worth the $12 I spent (2 for $12). They cut drying time in my dryer by a little, which saves energy and I can now smell the Fresh Scent Melapower detergent I've been using for almost 3 years. It smells really good! But I could never really smell it due to the softeners and such I was pouring in as well. I can attest to the "no static cling" promise of the product. I am not sure about the "your towels will double in size" part, but they are still nice and fluffy. So, this product works for me :)


The second product I want to share with you is yet another of the infamous TV informercial inventions...

Smooth Away.


You know, the painless hair removal system. Mom had this at her house about a month ago so I tried it...and yea, it works (and you can get it at your local drug store)! I don't use it every time I need to shave, BUT, it's handy to have. You can watch tv while you "shave" now :) And it's great for trips, packs easy and isn't dangerous for kiddos to be around. Now I will warn you, it's a workout for your arms...you are pretty much sanding off your hair, but at the same time, buffing off dead skin cells which is nice for your legs :) And it really doesn't hurt, it's like you're rubbing a soft piece of paper on your legs.


So there you go...something new for you to try! Now...for Anti-Procrastination Day! What will you do today that you have put off for days/weeks/months/years? I think I'm going to quilt again this week and I'm going to call Leapfrog about J's broken digj and another company about a toy that came broken at Christmas (Not really putting off, I just keep forgetting!).


Hope you have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I have heard about those dryer balls. I just wish they would also fold the clothes. And put them away. That would be so nice.

As for antiprocrastination Wednesday, I am taking the boy to the dentist. Pray for us because it could be bad.