Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Blog Award!

Ok, I think this is my second award, from the same wonderful friend, but I didn't know how to work these before!


My sweet friend over at The Journey blog has given me the Honest Scrap award. Not only does she have a great family blog, she also has a Homeschool blog and a great recipe&kitchen blog! She's a busy woman, but full of great knowledge, love and spirit!
Now I get to pass it on
(as well as some info about myself, according to the award rules!!)


In accepting this award, I need to do the following:

1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving



Ten Honest Things:
  1. I am a phone screener...yes, I admit it...but it's nothing personal against anyone (except telemarketers), I simply do not enjoy talking on the phone a lot. I'm not a good multi-tasker when I'm on the phone. And if I'm chillin' at home w/my boys, I will ignore the phone ringing sometimes.
  2. I have horrible teeth, I've never been a good flosser...I try to blame my parents for the teeth saying I must have inherited it...it's not b/c I'm a horrible flosser.
  3. I love being a work-at-home mom, although I rarely stay home.
  4. I actually pondered home-schooling this year...yes, it's true, I know some of you have probably fainted so I'll give you a few minutes to come back to me...you ok? It won't happen, J says I'll be too mean...but it's not ever out of the realm of possibility.
  5. I love to read...when a friend said that the 9-9-9 challenge meant way too many books, I realized "too many books" never occured to me, ha!
  6. I am a huge, HUGE Jane Austen convert now, thanks to Batgirl!
  7. I would rather hold a python (I have proof...many years at camp in the animal lab!) than even SEE a cockroach anywhere close to me...I even hate the crunching sound of killing them.
  8. I have recently become a coconut freak...until I was in my early 30's I rarely ate coconut, now I gravitate towards coconut-ty creations!
  9. I enjoy my parents, not just love them. I enjoy being with them, talking to them, even sitting in silence with them when times call for it.
  10. I have a fantastic mother-in-law. I really do, and I'm not just saying that b/c she reads this blog, ha! So many of my friends complain about theirs, but Carrie & I comment often how blessed we are with Nana! (Pop, you're not so bad either :) but most people don't complain about father-in-laws!)

I am passing this award to the following bloggin' friends!
Batgirl at Amuzing-Grace

Shannon at Journey-on-the-Road

Sharon at Something-about-Nothing

Grace at Grateful-for-Grace

Jan at Just-Jan

Cajun Gal at Lean-not

Heidi at Dalton's-Dream

1 comment:

Christi said...

That is so sweet of you! Some days I feel like I have cotton in my head rather than brains though.

I have to admit I rarely floss and have relatively few problems with my teeth (no cavities for several years). I don't know how much is genetic and how much is water (we had well water from when I was 5 until 15). Some studies say fluoride makes it worse but obv the government disagrees. I don't know, but I wouldn't blame it on flossing.

As for the homeschooling thing, I thought about mentioning it when you were talking about how exhausted J was after a full day at school. As for being mean, if he does the work you won't have to be mean ;-) No, I know it isn't an easy decision one way or the other.